After Cool Sculpting, Will I Be Swollen / Red After the Procedure Days After?

I plan on getting cool sculpting done on Monday but I work on a film set in a bikini , a day or two after, will my stomach be swollen or red after 2-3 days? I can't have anything notiably different on set

Side Effects of CoolSculpting

+1
Some side effects that could occur are numbness, swelling, redness, bruising, and tenderness post treatment. Normally these side effects can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Every person heals and reacts differently, so it just depends on the person. It is a likely possibility that you will have swelling after 2-3 days.

Redness after CoolSculpting

+1

Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after CoolSculpting though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. Since every patient is different, and therefore heals differently, you could possibly be swollen or red 2-3 days after treatment. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Bruising After Cool Sculpting

+1

Dear Hellonan,

Usually, skin hypersensitivity with some bruising result after the cool sculpting treatment more noticeable on the abdomen than other areas. Some cramps and possible pain could be associated with select patients.

If any of the aforementioned results were to take place, they will subside and disappear within 2-5 weeks depending on the type of effects that will form.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you with the procedure and the work you will perform.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Following Coolsculpting

+1

We explain to patients that a small amount of patients usually those treated in the lower abdomen will experience some crampy pain or sensitivity that is very uncomfortable. This typically resolves in no more than 4-6 weeks at the longest.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising and CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

+1

Think of a big hickey. That's what the suction can cause to many patients.  This type of benign bruising can look quite obvious and last for two to three weeks. if you can't afford to look this way for three weeks after the CoolSculpting, then you should reschedule your Zeltiq treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Redness after Coolsculpting

+1

Yes, there is redness and sometimes bruising in the area treated.  Normally the redness lasts just a day but if you are one of the patients who gets bruising, that may not be a good thing if you need to wear a bikini.

Maybe you want to do the procedure when you a have  a bit more time - just incase.

Best Wishes! The patients in my practice are loving the procedure!!

After correspondingly will I be swollen and red? Help!

+1

school sculpting is the FDA approved nonsurgical treatment that literally freezes fat. It reduces the area of fat that is gathered up in the treatment head by between 20 and 26%. We've had the device and our practice now for 18 months and has been outstanding. I can tell you from personal experience that the treatment is somewhat uncomfortable on the abdomen but on other areas, such as the proceeds for Chile painless. There is no anesthesia recovery it is simply common have the procedure go home. There can be a small amount of bruising and some discomfort that last for a few hours to a few days but it is usually minimal. There may be some swelling but usually this very transient as well as the redness that is usually very short-lived also. This is a terrific, terrific technique is useful for women but also it's very useful from and to take care best wishes to Dr. Joseph P Hunstad

Joseph Hunstad, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon