Swelling from Closed Rhinoplasty

I had a closed rinoplasty six days ago. There has been no bruising, however my face is pretty chipmunk-like and the tip of my nose is numb. My cast comes off on wed. Right now my tip is much bigger and more bulbous than my previous nose, and I am worried. I had a bump but other than that it was a slender nose. Is this normal in a closed procedure? Will it shrink in size? My swelling has been quite minimal on my face.

Swelling, deformity after nasal surgery

+1

This all sounds very normal, as depending on what was done, there might be a fair amount of tissue settling and rearrangement that needs to occur before you have the "final" result you want. I always tell patients that it takes 6-12 months for the tissues to really settle in, and because rhinoplasty is generally considered the most difficult of all plastic surgery procedures, because of it unpredictability, you might need a minor revision. Though it is unlikely, I try ot prepare my patients for reasonable eventualities so that they are not "blindsided" so to speak.

Swelling and Numbness After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Chicago,
Since you had a rhinoplasty six days ago, swelling and numbness is a normal post rhinoplasty phenomena. It will all resolve with time. After rhinoplasty many patients experience post operative anxiety with usual swelling, and numbness.  What you're experiencing is normal. Talk to your surgeon

Web reference: http://www.orangecountynosejob.com

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Your particular situation sounds completely normal. Swelling after rhinoplasty can vary, but it often takes weeks to months for the majority to subside. Your sensation to your tip should also come back over time as well.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is completely normal to have swelling after a closed rhinoplasty; it would be highly unusual if you didn't.  Your swelling will come down gradually over the next 12 months, and you will notice the most difference in the next  6-12 weeks depending upon your skin thickness.  You will have some days where there is more swelling than others, and in the mornings your nose may look more swollen than in the evenings.  Be patient and be sure to contact your surgeon's office if anything seems unusual.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Your situation sounds totally normal.  The body responds to surgical treatment with swelling and there is virtually no way around it.  Patience is the key because Rhinoplasty results can take a year and even longer to fully evolve.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling following a closed rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, swelling frequently accompanies both open and closed rhinoplasties, and may persist for months.  Please do not be discouraged by your results yet, as it is far too premature to judge at this point.  Continue close follow up with your doctor.  The two ingredients that are critical now are mother nature and father time.  Good luck!!

Swelling after a rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling one week after a rhinoplasty is normal. This will take several weeks to improve and then there may be residual swelling for months.