What is the Best Sunscreen to Use After Active Fx?

I have hair fair freckled skin that is susceptible to breakouts. What is the best spf to use a week after active fx procedure?

+1

Thank you for your question. Use at least a spf 30, and preferably a zinc or titanium one.  Avoid the ones with micronized particles as they can sometimes enter the skin and cause irritation.  Neutrogena, Aveeno and Topix make good Zinc screens as to Skin Ceuticals, Obaji, Skin Medica, and the  other common ones. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Melarase cream with sunscreen after fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing

+1

I recommend the Melarase AM creams with sunscreen after fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing as an important component of the recovery. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/82/melarase.aspx

Sunscreen After Laser

+1

You should use an spf of 30 or higher, and make sure it  is a fragrance, tint free, and hypoallergenic formulation that protects against uva and uvb.  zinc or titanium or zinc oxide provide excellent protection.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You have many options..

+1

There are many great sunscreens out there that will work after an ActiveFX treatment. You should wait until all the crusts are gone, 5-9 days, depending on what settings were used on you before applying any sunscreen to your skin. You should stick with sunscreens that are physical blocking types, meaning they have zinc or titanium as the sunblock ingredient. These are much more effective and tend to last longer. We happen to like the Obagi 35 SPF and Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 products, though there are others that are great as well.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Active FX treatment sunscreen

+1

Make sure that you use a sunscreen that has at least an SPF of 30. Make sure it is broad-spectrum that protects from both UVA and UVB rays. I would recommend one with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. In my office, we provide a tinted mineral makeup product that has an SPF of 50. Our patients love using this after their Active FX treatment.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Sunscreen after Active FX

+1

Thanks for the question.

Any 30 spf broad spectrum sunscreen will suffice. In my practice, I prefer the NIA24 100% Mineral Sunscreen which is suitable for sensitive skin and is non-comedogenic. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.