Active FX Laser Treatment After Radiesse

I just had Radiesse placed in my cheeks and in the creases around my mouth. If I now get an Active FX laser treatment- will it ruin and or evaporate my Radiesse?

+1

Thank you for your question. The FX should leave your filler alone.  The filler should be below the dermal plane and the FX should be operating above that. Discuss this with your provider and they will take that into consideration. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser resurfacing after filler injection

+1

There is really no issue with laser resurfacing using Fractional CO2 laser after filler injection using either Radiesse or hyaluronic acid fillers, based on a recent literature and my personal clinical experience. In fact, I routinely perform filler injections to replenish volume and smooth age lines prior to laser resurfacing to maximize the aesthetic outcome. Laser resurfacing can be more effective when performed over a 'stretched skin' after filler injections vs. a 'laxed skin' overlying an area of diminished volume.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing after Radiesse

+1

You can definitely undergo a laser resurfacing procedure after Radiesse injection. A study was done with laser resurfacing after hyaluronic injections (Restylane, Juvederm), and the the fillers were not affected. The thermal energy from a laser is directed at a level that is closer to the surface than fillers are placed.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

FX and Radiesse

+1

It should be safe if the Radiesse was placed in the subcutaneous tissue and not the skin since the laser will be working in a more superficial plane.

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Active FX after Radiesse Treatment

+1

Excellent question. 

The Active FX laser will not adversely effect the Radiesse treatments to your cheeks and nasolabial folds. Proceed with the treatment and best of luck. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

ActiveFX Fractional Laser Resurfacing is okay after Radiesse

+1

There should be no issues undergoing an ActiveFX Fractional Resurfacing Treatment after Radiesse dermal filler injection.

Anifat Balogun, MD