Is It Safe for Someone Who Had a Silicone Implant in His Nose to Get Active FX Fractional?

Is it safe for someone who had a silicone implant in his nose to get Active FX fractional CO2 laser treatment to remove acne scars and large pores?

Silicone Implant in His Nose to Active FX

+1

Thank you for your question. There should be no increased risk for this procedure, provided the implant has not eroded near the skin surface.  The laser will be operating much more superficial.   I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

You should be ok...

+1

As the other doctors have answered above, the ActiveFX does not go deep enough to hit an implant in the nose. However, make sure they are not going to do DeepFX on you, which could theoretically go that deep. The DeepFX allows you to set the depth and even do multiple hits on the same spots giving an even deeper penetration. Hope this helps.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it safe to have laser resurfacing with a silicone nasal implant in place?

+1

My basic answer is yes because the implant is located in a much deeper plan that the FX laser will be addressing.  That being said, you also need to make sure that your skin is not too stretched and that over-agressive laser resurfacing will not weaken the area and allow for extrusion.

My recommendation is that you seek out a very experienced laser practitioner who is Board Certified in either Dermatology or Plastic Surgery and performs a good number of these procedures before moving forward.

I hope that helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/face/laser-skin-resurfacing-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Active FX Treatment.

+1

It is safe to undergo an Active Fx treatment with a nasal Silicone implant.  Generally speaking it the normal settings are respected the CO2 laser will not penetrate deeply enough to affect the implant.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel treatment in nose with a silicone implant

+1

Generally speaking, this should be safe if performed within the normal parameters of the treatment settings.