Sadness / Disgust - Range of Emotions After Breast Augmentation

Hi, I had a breast augmentation 10 days ago. On about days 6, i started noticing that whenever i touched my breasts or even clothes brushed passed them, i get a wave of emotions. The main emotions are sadness and disgust. Then a few seconds later it goes, until they are touched again. I dont feel depressed, but it is really getting me down. I love the look of my new boobs so far, but this is making me wish i hadnt had them as this feeling i keep getting is making me so uncomfortable. Plz Help!

Emotionally unstable after breast augmentation

+2

There are many reasons why people seek breast enhancement and many different reactions to the result.  You don't tell us anything about your particular situation, your age, or how anyone close to you feels about your surgery. Are you on any mood altering drugs?  

Since you like the way you look I think you should spend more time in front of the mirror, preferrably while shopping (not necessarily buying) and trying on all sorts of clothes that you couldn't or wouldn't wear before the augmentation.  The more positive feedback you get the better you will feel. If bad feelings persist beyond  three to six months consider having the implants removed.

Emotional swings after Augmentation mammoplasty

+2

Your symptoms are quite uncommon and has never been expressed nor being reported . I think there is some pschychological factors involved . For next few weeks cover your nipples with some soft pads to protect them from random & accidental touchings . Also try periodic gentle massage while taking shower or resting in bed .Focus on the positive side of your enlarged breast instead of regretting about your decision for surgery . Youi will be rewarded by being patient. Please report back in a month. I am very interested to hear from you & your progress.  

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com/

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Emotional following breast augmentation

+2

Dear Onlyme,  Your symptoms are very interesting.  I have heard of all sorts of odd feelings following breast augmentation, but I have not heard of having a wave of emotions when the breasts are touched.  It can be very strange in the immediate post operative period and your body needs to adapt to the stretching caused by the implants.

I wouldn't make any long-term decisions at this early stage and I would be confident that things will settle down.  Try to be positive and give it time.  Good luck.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Sadness and disgust?

+1

nipple sensitivity can be increased or decreased after surgery. the nipple is actually hardwired to the posterior pituitary where it sends a signal to release oxytocin. this hormone leads to the milk letdown reflex. I have never read or heard of these emotions being tied to surgery but women often describe heightened emotions during breastfeeding. weird huh? like most things (we have no idea about), it will definitely get better.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast sensation after augmentation

+1

Ten days is FAR too early to evaluate the results of breast augmentation or any other aesthetic procedure. Keep in contact with your surgeon, listen to what he (or she) says, follow instructions and be patient.