Is One Standard, Full Size Syringe of Restylane 1 ML?

I know there are different size syringes, some do 1/2 syringes or mini syringes, but when someone references having "1 syringe" injected does that usually mean 1 ML of product, or is a standard syringe a different amount?

Standard syringe size.

+4

For most injectables, 1 ml or 1 cc is considered "standard". Be sure of the volume you are purchasing and the experience of the injector. Often times one cc will give a subtle change, but 2 cc will give full correction and a better result. Restylane and Perlane are also available in 2cc volumes at a reduced cost from two 1 cc syringes.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Caveat emptor advised here.

+3

Do not make assumptions.  One milliliter is one ml.  Do not assume that "a syringe" is of a certain volume.  Trust but verify.  Look at the packaging that is brought in the room.  These syringes are plainly labeled.  If you are not clear what you are getting-ask.  If you are still uncomfortable ask to see the syringe before you are injected.  

Restylane and volume amount

+2

When someone references "one syringe" that would typically mean 1mL of product. For verification, have your provider open the packaging in front of you to be certain, and visit a reputable provider.

Sam Naficy, MD

What is a "standard" restylane syringe size

+2

I think that most of us think of the 1ml. size as being "standard" size.. However, you should always ask and know what you are getting. I would not despair if your doctor walks into the room with several smaller syringes that are not the original syringe. Some physicians, especially those that use this most often, prefer smaller syringes with smaller needles for doing delicate work. If you trust your doctor, which you should if you chose them, do not despair. If you are ever unsure, ask questions

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane syringe sizes

+2

Restylane is sold in three sizes.  The standard size is 1 cc.  However, buyer beware.  There are certainly advertisements in the media for Restylane at extremely low cost that appear to refer to the smaller syringe size so definitely ask.  Restylane is packaged and boxed by the company.  If the injector comes into the room with a syringe and you do not see the package opened and the label placed into your medical chart, I would be skeptical.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+2

IMHO, it most likely does refer to a 1cc syringe, of Restylane, unless otherwise stated.  Remember there's no inherent magic in any filler or amount used.  the magic comes for the MD's understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face using that filler.  

Restylane comes in 0.4, 1.0, and 2.0 ml syringes

+2

There are actually 3 different sizes of Restylane.  As stated above there are 0.4, 1, and 2 cc syringes.  Keep in  mind that a teaspoon is 5cc, so 1cc is actually 1/5th of a teaspoon.  Any other sizes are not from the company in the US and are either made up by the physician or purchased outside of the US.  The size which most people feel is standard is the 1 ml syringe.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Definition of a syringe

+1

For both juvederm and restylane, there are 2 standard sizes 0.5 cc and 1.0 ml. Either can be referred to when discussing 1 syringe so you will need to ask in order to clarify.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Restylane

+1

Most commonly restylane is used in the 1 ml size syringe there are other size syringes as well.  I will only use 0.5 ml's for "touch-ups" but do not regularly stock them in my office.