Uneven Tear Troughs. Does This Happen Often and is it Easy to Correct?

i had restylane and Teosyal fillers in cheeks and tear troughs approx 10 months ago. The result was always a bit uneven, more correction on one side than the other and this stull the case so my right eye looks good still but left eye has more of a 'bag'. I am thinking about having a little filler added on the left side to make me a bit more symmeticral but am worries that I'll end up more uneven again. Does this problem happen often and is it easy to correct?

Uneven filler

+1

Most people are asymmetric to begin with so it is not unusual to have some after injections...I always tell patients that they should return after 2 weeks of the original injection for me to evaluate and adjust for asymmetry.  Small touch up injections are almost always needed in this area and the injector should be well versed in injecting the lower lid troughs...it is not easy.

Good luck

Dr. Vasisht- South Jersey Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Generally the HA filers are preferred for this area because they can be adjusted after the fact.

+1

Irregularities after HA filling but be adjusted using hyaluronidase, an injectable enzyme solution.  This product can be used to adjust an unsatisfactory service.  It is important to find an experienced injector to do the enzyme service because this adjustment is as much of an art as placing the filler.