Is Restylane or Juvederm Safe for Scleroderma Patients?

I'm from Poland. No doctor in Poland does not want to perform this procedure.I have scleroderma from 11 years and any organs affected.

THere are few studies on this

+2

If you are in the active phase of the disease, then it is probably not a good idea to inject. However, if you are in the inactive phase, it may be safe to inject, though reactivation of the disease is a theoretical possibility.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and contraindications

+1

This is something I'd discuss first with your provider to have a full assessment and your treatment options. For a thorough review of potential side effects and contraindications regarding cosmetic Botox, please see the website referenced below.

Sam Naficy, MD

Hyaluronic acid and scleroderma

+1

I am not aware of any correlation between this disease and a product that is placed in the dermis. That being said there could always be issues. Personally, I have treated several patients with both active and inactive scleroderma without any problems. There is always hyaluronidase if you have a bad reaction to the product. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon