Are Stabbing and Pulling Pains Normal 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

I had a septo/rhinoplasty & bone spur removal 5 weeks ago. The procedure ended up being more involved due to the bone spur. The surgery took 5 hours. My surgeon ended up having to do more work on the right side due to the spur. Five weeks later I am still swollen (especially on the right side) and getting stabbing and pulling pains in my nose and face. Does this sound right for the amount of work that was done? I see my surgeon in another week for follow-up, but wanted some thoughts.

Stabbing Pains 5 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to have stabbing pains 5 weeks after rhinoplasty  even though bone spurs were removed. It is not an emergency, but I would try to see your surgeon ASAP.

Post septorhinoplasty pain

+1
I would not consider this normal five weeks post surgery and I would suggest seeing your surgeon sooner then the one week scheduled appointment and discuss your concerns. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD