How Long Should I Wait Before Going Water Tubing?

How long should I wait after getting breast implants, before going tubing? I'm not speaking of just simply tubing down the river. I'm talking about going water tubing attached to a boat! I'm curious since you tend to get thrown around a lot, and sometimes land in the water pretty hard.

Water tubing

+1

You can resume most activities 3 weeks after surgery. The incisions need to be completely healed prior to going in the water.

Breast Augmentation and Water Sports

+1

Active water sports may require 6 to 8 weeks in uneventful healing.  The water always makes surgeons nervous, because it can harbor so many pathogens.  Make sure that the incision has been well closed for a month before considering this.

Water tubing and breast surgery

+1

If you want to go tubing being pulled from a boat after breast augmentation surgery, then I would give yourself 6-8 weeks minimum to recover. Tubing can be quite vigorous when you get pulled and you are holding onto the t-rope.

Resuming activities after an augmentation...

+1

is usually at 3 weeks for my patients.  You should be asking your surgoen for his/her protocol and adhere to that. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Wait 6 Weeks for Maximum Play!

+1

Hello KayJo,

You just invested in your body.  Invest a little more time to be safe.  Waiting six weeks will be best to assure least risk of damage to your surgery. 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Activity (Tubing) After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi KayJo,

• The answer to your question may vary a bit from surgeon to surgeon, so follow your PS's post-op instructions.
  • Generally speaking, vigorous activity (tubing) could cause bleeding around the implant (hematoma) within the first week or two of surgery. Incision problems could even occur with in first two to four weeks.
  • To be safe, conservative advice would be to wait 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for your question and best of luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

+1

This question is better addressed to your surgeon. Although it is unlikely that you would disrupt the incision, the consequences are real.

The incision reaches 90% of its maximum strength by 6 weeks after surgery. That is a common guideline for resuming full activity. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Water Tubing after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource to guide you when it comes to postoperative activities. He/she knows exactly what  procedure was done, how you are progressing, whether or not you have experienced any complications, and is ultimately responsible for your care.

Generally speaking,  I suggest my patient stay away from potential “contact sports” for at least 2 months after surgery.

Tubing time?

+1

Talk to your plastic surgeon about this! Tubing is a potentially traumatic sport and your PS knows your tissues and is familiar with your healing progress after breast implants. Best wishes, Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD