Worried About Right Breast Not Dropping? (photo)

Follow-up with pictures. I had a BA just over 4 weeks ago (275cc mod+ silicone- under muscle) and my right breast is not dropping and is a oddly shaped. I wondered if it was not dropping due to strong pec muscles/ althetic build and very little body fat (around 8%). Right after BA right nipple was pointing downwards and breast was cone shaped. Both breasts are relatively painless (except the mondors cord) and soft. I am following all post-op instructions and doubling up on right breast massages.

Difficult to make determination about positioning of implants after breast augmentation at 4 weeks.

+3

The implants do not look like they are supposed as an endpoint, but 4 weeks is fortunately not the endpoint.  Post your 3 month pictures for the benefit of all those who visit this website.

Breast implants settle after surgery

+2

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, your implants seem like they're in a good position after only 4 weeks. It usually takes a while for the implants to completely settle after a subpectoral breast augmentation, so it looks like you're doing just fine.

Keep all your appointments with your plastic surgeon. I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Massage, tension band and no bra.

+2

It is common to have breast implants under the muscle retract too high right after surgery.  I like to place a tension band at the top of the breasts to help prevent this from happening, but sometimes this happens anyway.  If you have smooth implants, then they are likely to drop over time.  Use massage, tension band and no bra to aid this.  If one breast drops more rapidly and you and your surgeon feel it is in the right position, than you may use a bra but cut out the cup of the side you are still trying to drop.  In most cases, this will mature at about 4 months.  However, in some cases, this may not mature and may need a revision to get the desired result.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Worried About Right Breast Not Dropping

+2

It is very common for the implants to look too high for the first several months, and usually the "handed" side is the higher one. It takes some time for the pectoral muscles to "relax" and accommodate the new implants.

As to nipple position, I would need to see pre-op photos to comment. Asymmetry is common both before and after surgery, and is often more noticeable with larger breasts.

Patience.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Breast implant not dropping?

+2

The best thing to do in this case is to stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon's office. I'm sure they would tell you to be patient and focus on massaging each breast, but to focus extra time on the right one. It takes several months for the tissues to finish stretching and for you to derive your matured breast augmentation appearance. Best of luck, Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Implants Settling after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures and your description, I think it is most likely that you are progressing “normally”. There is no doubt in my mind that patients with “stronger pectoralis muscles” may require a longer period of patience during the breast implant settlement process.

Of course, your plastic surgeon is your best resource to accurately evaluate your progress and guide/reassure you.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think you nailed the answer, you have extremely strong pecs and not only are they holding the implants up but they are deforming the implants

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

High Implants Early after Breast Augmentation

+1

High implants early in recovery following breast augmentation is the norm.  The larger the implant and the smaller the person the longer it takes for the implant to drop.  More muscular patients will take longer. 

Breast implants and position

+1

At four weeks, it is a bit early. I would give it at least four months to determien whether or not you need  a revision.

Post op

+1

It take about four to six months before the majority of swelling resolves after breast augmentation. The look may be a result of the type of implants that were used

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS