How Many Syringes of Radiesse Are Needed for Hand Rejuvenation?

I was informed by my clinic that the price for hand rejuvenation using Radiesse filler was £500. I had the treatment and at first my hands were swollen. The swelling then went down and they are now the same as they were pre-treatment. I have looked at photos pre-treatment which confirms this. My clinic now says they only used 1 vial and that 2 vials are normally used and I would have to pay another £500. Is this normal?

+2

The amount (syringes of Radiesse) required per hand depends on the size of the hand and the amount of volume required.  I'd typically start out using 1 or 2 1.5cc syringes per hand and go from there.  Sculptra is another excellent filler to add volume to the hands and the results last about 2 years vs about 1 year with Radiesse IMO.

Radiesse is the best treatment for hand rejuvenation

+1

I will almost always use one syringe of Radiesse (the larger 1.5 cc size) per hand. Because the treatment is so quick and simple (it only takes a few minutes when properly done) I only charge $500 (the equivalent of £317) per syringe.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Hands can look wonderfully younger with fillers

+1

Of course each person is different, but on average we see a dramatic change with one syringe of Radiesse or Juvederm per hand. Sometimes 1 1/2 per hand is ideal.

Hand rejuvenation is wonderful. We see our hands all day long, much more than we see our own face.

Fillers to replenish the volume, and if needed - laser treatment to the fine lines or dark "age spots"  can easily take 10 years or more off the hands appearance almost instantly. 

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Hand Rejuvenation

+1

On average, I use 2 to 3 syringes of Radiesse per hand .  Swelling is always normal but this does go down fairly quickly.  I'm sorry but it is true, you more than likely needed more Radiesse to get your optimal results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Hands

+1

Rejuvenation of the hands is a good procedure but, hasn;t quite cauight on yet. I feel that on average two syringes are needed

David A. Bray, Sr., MD