Which is the Best Dermal Filler for the Hands?

My hands have kind of creepiness on the back side,so I am looking to plump up my hands.which filler is more long lasting?

Thank you for your question.  There are several dermal fillers on the market, each of which has its own particular characteristics.  None of them, however, are FDA-approved for injection into the back of the hands so all of them would be considered "off-label" use.  Perhaps the most commonly used for the hands is Radiesse.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you to understand the differences between the fillers and which one would be best suited for you.  Best wishes. 

Our approach to hand rejuvenation involves:

1. Injectable fillers with hyaluronic acids (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm), Radiesse, Sculptra, or Fat.  You can speak to your physician about which one is best suited for your needs.  

2. Laser treatment of pigmented spots

3. Sun avoidance and sunscreens

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best filler for the hands

Often the face is well tended to with botox, fillers, peels, lasers and lifts, but the poor hands often give away your age.  Brown spots, big veins and fat loss age their appearance.  Although many fillers can be used,(hyaluronics, radiesse, sculptra and silicone), in my opinion the longest lasting, safest and most cost effective, with rarely any problems is radiesse.  The brown spots can be addressed with IPL and the veins with sclerotherapy.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Hand rejuvenation - plumping the hands

In my experience free fat grafting or sculptra are the best for rejuvenating the hands. The fat is a first choice because it has the best feel and longest term result (permanent) if the fat survives the grafting process. My personal preference is not to use other types of fillers in this area because of natural feel, effectiveness and risk of complications.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Fat injections seem to work for the hands and needs to be done every 6-12 months.

Fat injections fill in the sunken areas and cover over the veins of the hands pretty good but seems to disappear in 6-12 months even after 1-2 sessions of grafting for around $1500-2500/session.  Radiesse is another filler that is used with nice results but take around 3 syringes per hand at a cost of roughly $1900 per hand and can last about a yr.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

When used properly, Silikon-1000 may lead to natural looking hand rejuvenation.

In my practice, Silikon-1000 is an off-label, permanent filler that works well for hand rejuvenation. With topical anesthetic and no downtime, the appearance of veins and tendons may be greatly reduced. 1-3 treatments are typically necessary for achieving a desired result.

I've attached a photo from my RealSelf gallery demonstrating hand rejuvenation with Silikon-1000.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon