Can I Do Squats a Week After Surgery?

Can I do squats or general excersice a week after having my BA? Also how long do I have to wear the surgical bra for? And when can I wear an underwire bra My surgeon is out of town and I haven't been able to ask him any of the questions I have Thank you in advance!

Exercise After Breast Augmentation

+2

In general, one can resume most exercise within 3 weeks and vigorous exercise by 4 weeks. You should consult with your Plastic Surgeon before proceeding with heavy exercise.

Squats 1 Week after Breast Augmentation

+2

As a bodybuilder, I know the temptation to get to the gym is great.  You need at least 2 weeks before doing strenuous exercise, particularly the pressure increasing exercises like squats.  Walking is OK.  The last thing you want to do is get a hematoma and then have another surgery, possibly compromising your final results.

Can I Do Squats A Week After Surgery?

+1

General exercise is typically ok, but restricting any lifting and reaching activities. I usually have my patients wear their surgical bra for two weeks or more, depending on their individual situation. Underwire bras can typically be worn a month or more after surgery -- again depending on your individual situation.

Thank you,

Dr. A. Michael Sadove

Can I do squats 1 week after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Best to rely on your plastic surgeon and his/her office.  Surgeons may have different regimens.  Our office typically tells patients the next step each time they come into the office.  We have some very fit patients, (fitness competitors, triathletes, etc;).  Listen to the surgeon and listen to your body.  If you feel something is wrong, or is something hurts, stop.  Again, call your plastic surgeon's office.  They should be able to give you a little guidance.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Exercising after surgery, as well as other postoperative recommendations.

+1

Every doctor may have a different routine that they follow after surgery, but I always recommend that strenuous exercise should not be followed for at least 6 weeks after the surgery.  This is true for all forms of execise.  As far as wearing an underwire bra I would advise you to wait for six weeks after the surgery.

I have not varied from these recommendations, and they  have protected my patients for many years with their postoperatve recovery.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgeryy.com Congenital upper eyelid ptosis correction

Resuming physical activity after Breast Augmentation

+1

Typically, I advise my breast augmentation patients that they will need to take approximately 3-4 weeks off physical activity while they allow for adequate healing. After this point generally, walking and spinning are allowed. Restrictions are generally lifted after 8 weeks and the patient is allowed to then begin light weight lifting, pushups,  and running (with a supported bra).

The supportive bra generally serves a purpose so I advise patients in the consultation to be prepared to wear their bra for approximately 3 weeks. This time frame will vary depending on if the breast augmentation was done in conjuction with a mastopexy. I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon or his office staff before switching to an underwire bra or beginning physical activity.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Exercise after implants

+1

Every doctor has his/her own protocol for resuming activities following surgery.  You should consult your plastic surgeon for his/her answers to these questions.  In my practice, I allow my patients to resume non-strenuous activities whenever they feel up to it and more strenuous activities after three weeks.

A little too early

+1

I usually advise my patients to hold off on excessive physical activity for at least 3 weeks.  I would continue to wear the surgical bra until you can speak with your surgeon- you can't wear that "too long".  As for an underwire, if you have an incision under your breast I would hold off on that for at least a month to allow your incision to heal.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and breast implant surgery

+1

I usually have patients wait 3-4 weeks before starting aerobic activity and 6-8 weeks for vigorous exercise like weight lifting or push-ups.

RECOVERY

+1

All plastic surgeons do things a little differently based on their experience.  You should address these questions to your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon