Is There a Way to Speed Up Radiesse Absorption?

Is there anything I can do to speed up the absorption? I had shots to my chin yesterday and it looks bigger than I was expecting and sort of made my mouth look weird, like I have a small mouth. Almost like people with dentures where it looks a bit caved in. I don't like it.

Massage can speed up the absorption of Radiesse

+1

Massage can speed up the absorption of Radiesse. Also the material can be injected with saline or sometimes a steroid.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse and swelling

+1

The swelling with Radiesse is often more than that with Juvederm or Restylane, as it is a different chemical than the latter two. Be patient and after a few days you will see, with high probability, significant reduction of the swelling and you will be more satisfied with the result. There is no easy way to reduce the volume of the filler.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse has more swelling than other fillers for about 4 days

+1

I warn my cllents about the swelling you get with Radiesse.  It's different than the other fillers.  I have warned my clients about the "Joker" look (from Batman) after getting it around the mouth which always settles down.  It really helps to turn up the corners of the mouth.  It should get better.  There is nothing to dissolve Radiesse however.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Radiesse is a long-lasting filler which cannot be dissolved

+1

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Radiesse is a long lasting filler made up of calcium hydroxyapatite which UNLIKE hyaluronic acid fillers (such as Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane) cannot be dissolved easily with one injection by an enzyme. Instead, you will have to wait for it to come down in size over the next 8-12 months.

To avoid such situations, I give my patients a hand held mirror and do all filler treatments in cooperation with them. The patient and I decide progressively where and how much filler to place.