Radeisse Vs. Sculptra for Marionette Lines

which is better and more economical for lines at corners of mouth and below?

Both Radiesse and Sculptra can be used for marionette lines

+1

Both Radiesse and Sculptra can be used for marionette lines.  Ideally they are used all around the mouth, not just for the lines.  Both of these products are best used to reshape rather than just to fill in the lines.  And, it depends on the quality of the skin, the depth of the fold, and how much lift you’re trying to achieve to determine which product is best. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Marionette lines - use Radiesse

+1

The ideal filler agent for various regions of the face very drastically. The best filler agent for the marionette lines would be a hyaluronic acid or Radiesse.  Radiesse provides the longest  results with the cheapest cost when averaged over time. Hyaluronic acids is another option.   Examples of this category include Restylane and Juvederm.  Sculptra is more of a large area filler agent used to target volume loss in the cheeks or temple region.   it is far too expensive of an agent to use for simple marionette lines. Furthermore, it is used to target diffuse volume loss in larger areas of the face. It is not as  efficient in small, targeted areas such as the melolabial folds or marionette lines.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for longer lasting results

+1

I prefer Radiesse for longer lasting results - months to year plus. You will not need a lot of it and you may be able to save it for touch-ups. It does get hard after several months though. The bulk of the sculptra tends to go away quite quickly.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Marionette Lines

+1

As previously mentioned, Radiesse provides more initial capacity to fill lines and wrinkles and Sculptra is a delayed, collagen inducing volumizing agent.  The technique with Scupltra has moved more toward deeper injections in order to compensate for loss of deeper facial fat that occurs over time.  Radiesse is typically injected more superficially in the sub-dermis.  Both agents can be beneficial in this area, but the results are much slower and gradual with Scupltra.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines near the mouth

+1

If you're describing the marionette lines, I find that Radiesse, Restylane or Juvederm are more practical than Sculptra as the former can be placed directly in the intended area and Sculptra is more of a seed that stimulates your body's production of collagen. It is great when the area for volumization is more broad than a fine line. 

Both can give excellent results

+1

If you are looking for immediate results, Radiesse or any of the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Perlane or Juvederm work great in this area.  The results last 4-18 months depending on the filler and how fast your body breaks down the filler.

Sculptra is also a great choice but it takes several treatments to achieve the final result (usually 3-4) spaced 4-8 weeks apart.  The end result can last 2 years or more.

Austin Dermatologist

Radiesse and hyaluronic acids work best for marionette lines

+1

Sculptra is a wonderful filler for full face revolumization, including the marionette lines. However, when targeting just the marionette lines, a filler such as Radiesse, Restylane, or Juvederm will be your best choice. You will see the results immediately, and have 6 months to greater than 1 year duration, depending on the product.

Radiesse has the longest duration for this area. If you've never had a filler though, I might recommend a hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm first. Radiesse is a bit stiffer than Juvederm, and I sometimes will reserve this filler for experienced filler patients.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Restylane best for marionette lines.

+1

Hi.

1) For fillers in New York City, we use Restylane or Juvederm. I like Juvederm best. It produces a smooth result and it lasts nine moths.

2) I don't think either Radiesse or Sculptra are best for superficial lines. More risk of lumpiness.

Correction of Marionette / Puppet / Drool lines

+1

Neither Sculptra nor Radiesse are the fillers of choice for correction marionette lines. Sculptra is best used to fill wider fields of deficits (hollowing of the cheeks etc) while Radiesse is best used for placement deep under lines which do not involve the lips. Perlane placed deeply IS the ideal filler for this area with either Juvederm or Restylane placed superficially greatly smoothing the folds.

Radiesse is the preferred treatment for marionette lines

+1

Radiesse gives immediate results and is more economical than Sculptra. While Sculptra might last 6 months longer than Radiesse (18-24 months vs. 12-18 months) it needs several treatments before you see results, which can take months.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon