Spectra Laser Peel: Has Anyone Tried It?

I wanted to do something about my enlarged pores, acne scars and the dermatologist recommended Spectra Laser Peel. Bc I read very positive things about it on the internet, I decided to do it. Has anyone (doctors and patients) tried it?

The Spectra Dual Mode Q-Switched Laser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The Spectra Dual Mode Q-Switched Laser is a multi-purpose laser that can definitely improve the quality of your skin and most likely will give you the positive results you are searching for. While it can surely improve the appearance of pores, this would not be my go-to laser to treat acne scars, although improvement will be made. Along with skin care, your board-certified dermatologist can give you the options that you need to take care of all of your concerns. There are a variety of lasers and other energy based treatments that can be used to treat scars and reduce pores and one of the newer modalities gaining traction in the US is the use of fractional RF microneedles, as seen with the EndyMed Intensif. Other RF technologies, including the sublative devices – the Syneron eMatrix and the Venus Viva also work here.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Spectra non-ablative laser peel for acne scars and enlarge pores

The Spectra Dual Mode Q-switched Nd:YAG LaserHas been approved for treatment of acne scars.  Like other non-ablative laser treatments such as non-ablative fractional erbium laser's in the 1540, 1450 and 1585nm range can reduce pores by promoting collagen growth around the poor to reduce the size.  Acne scars can also be improved by reorganization of the collagen within the scar.

Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has experience and laser treatments.   Avoid going to  scar without a physician present when having laser treatments.