Orange Peel Skin and Open Pores on my Nose, Cheeks and Between My Eyebrows? (photo)

I'm 31& have orange peel skin & open pores even stretched looking pores on my nose, makeup only makes it look worse so i'm really depressed. I've tried using retin-A for 8 months but my pores became more visible & my skin became more creep looking, i've had microdermabrasions, chemical peels. Is laser a good idea as i've read it can do more damage however Phillips have a non surgical ReAura laser skin rejuvenation which you use at home its £800 for is it worth is? Thanks

Non-ablative fractional erbium laser is the best option to reduce pores

+2
Because Retin-A Micro dermabrasion exfoliate and remove excess surface skin it is not unusual for the pores to not shrink and in some cases enlarge.

Non-ablative fractional erbium laser treatments build new deep collagen and the skin and can reduce the size of pores.  Non-ablative fractional erbium laser treatments in this 1540, 1450, and 1585nm range are most effective.  For more information read the following link:

Enlarged Pores and Orange Peel Skin Can Respond Well To Medical Microneedling

+2

Enlarged, dilated, patulous pores and small pit scars can be quite aesthetically distressing. Although microdermabrasion, peels and even fraxel lasers have their proponents for the treatment of these problems, the results in my experience tend to be disappointing.

In such cases, a series of medical microneedling treatments might be considered. Medical microneedling, which may be performed mechanically using rollers (e.g. Dermaroller) or electrically operated (Dermapen) essentially consists of going over the area with an array of needles that penetrate and break up the surface of the pore or scar and of any underlying abnormal fibrous tissue that may be contributing.

Disrupting the surface of the dilated pore, pit, or small scar allows for the possibility healing with a smoother surface texture.  Breaking up any fibrotic or abnormal collagen in this manner below the skin surface sets the stage for new, normal collagen synthesis (neocollagenesis), which improves the overall appearance of the overlying skin.

Following medical microneedling, the treated area may appear sun-burned for about 12-24 hours. There is little to no downtime, however, and I permit patients to return to routine skin care and makeup the following day.

Not all aesthetic physicians perform medical microneedling, so, should you wish to explore this simple, minimally-invasive option, you should screen carefully for a board certified aesthetic physician with training and expertise in the procedure.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Orange Peel Skin and Large Pore Treatment

+2

Hi LG,

I am not familiar with the ReAura.  We have seen some improvement in large pores with intr-dermal injection of Botox and with the use of Ulthera, micro-focused ultra-sound therapy.  With true Fraxel repair laser skin resurfacing there has also been improvement in most patients. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Deep pores

+2
Keep up with the Retin A. Your skin is Ideal for Carbon Dioxide laser resurfacing if you can tolerate the down time of 10 days.

Dermapen is a great option

+1

We like to offer Dermapen treatments to help improve large pores and orange peel appearance of the skin.  Typically we recommend a series of treatments and there is no downtime.  Watch the video to see how this technology works.  It is one of our most popular treatments.  Good luck and hang in there.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon