Best Laser for Eyelid Wrinkles?

machines "specialized" for one treatment perform that treatment perfectly.What is the best laser for “eyelids wrinkles”? Please I ask your opinion for “wrinkles..” on lasers that require one session AND your opinion on lasers that require more sessions to obtain the same results… What is the best laser specific for skin resurfacing? Please,I’m again asking about lasers that require one session AND on gentler lasers that require more sessions to obtain the same results. Thanks a lot

Fractionated CO2 for Eyelids

+3

In addition to the incredible Fractionated CO2 lasers results for the face, I have achieved excellent results for my patients using the laser in the periorbital areas including crow's feet and upper eyelids as well. We use the Lumenis UltraPulse system which is highly versatile and powerful to get specialized results such as these. Skin is tightened, lines are mimimized all with the diminished downtime of fractionation. I even did this on my wife! I also combine long term Neurotoxin (either BOTOX or Dysport) therapy around the eyes and forehead for a layered, custom long term result...and happy patients.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles around your eyes

+1

The carbon dioxide laser is still the Gold Standard for the treatment of facial Wrinkles. Treatments vary according to whether the beam is "fractioned" into small pulses spread apart or scanned across the surface. When broken up into small dots you get less result in return for less time for healting. When scanned across your skin, you get more result and more time for healting.The two options are available to suit the needs of the individual patient. A busy business person may prefer faster healing while a retired person may want more of a result.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

CO2 is best for wrinkles, give fractional a try for shorter downtime!

+1

It is well proven that the carbon dioxide laser is the best for wrinkles and skin tightening, but as others have pointed out, the "downtime" is often too much for busy Americans to handle.  The fractional CO2 works unbelievably well around the eyes, and depending on how aggressive I am with the treatment, the recovery can vary from 4 days to 2 weeks.  I use the Smartxide DOT Therapy and have been thrilled with the results.

Ryan N. Heffelfinger, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lasers for eyelid lines, creases, wrinkles and rejuvenation

+1

The gold standard for skin rejuvenation with a laser for the best result with one treatment is the carbon dioxide  (CO2) laser, non-fractional, ablative. This is uncommonly done because of long standing redness and a higher risks than the newer fractional ablative CO2 laser, Fraxel Repair. Remember that lines around the eyes, especially the sides (crows' feet) will return as the muscle moves and the skin creases above it. Botox is a great adjunct for this treatment. Fraxel restore can be done multiple times with great results but not necessarily the same end result as Fraxel Repair. Interestingly, although you didn't ask for this comment, Portrait plasma therapy (Energist)  formerly Rhytec, has provided equivalent results to the Fraxel Repair CO2 laser in my hands.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing best for eyelid wrinkles

+1

Almost everyone who is concerned about eyelid, periorbital wrinkles would benefit from Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing. However, a comprehensive approach must be considered to achieve the best cosmetic outcome. Often times, Botox or Dysport may be needed to minimze dynamic wrinkles brought on my involuntary contraction of orbicularis oculi muscles. In addition, hyaluronic acid fillers may be injected to provide volume and minmize laxity along lower eyelids.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Best laser for eyelid wrinkles

+1

There are a number of lasers that are used for eyelid resurfacing.

In my experience, eyelid resurfacing is accomplished well with fractional erbium laser.  To my knowledge there is no treatment available that will perform the entire correction in one treatment session.  The first treatment session is always a combination of treatment and determination how your skin responds to it, and needs to be conservative.

Overly aggressive treatment increases the risk of adverse effects.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Best laser for my problem

+1

It is impossible to know which laser is best for your specific problem - in this case your eyelid wrinkles - since you haven't stated your needs and goals. For instance,Do you want to have any downtime? Do want gradual improvement or rapid improvement,? Can you tolerate a minor risk of discoloration? In addition prior history is important. Have you failed any previous procedures. .? Is there any history of keloids? In general I like the Pixel laser ( fractionated CO2)for more dramatic improvement with downtime and the Fraxel for more mild improvement with no downtime.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Lasers for eyelid wrinkles

+1

To answer your question, there is really not one single laser that is best for a single area but there are lasers that are more effective for addressing certain conditions such as wrinkling, excess oil, redness, etc. 

For lines around the eyes, I use the Lumenis Encore Fractional CO2 laser.  Because the skin around the eyes is so delicate, I often treat twice just to be safe but am very pleased with the results so far. 

My recommendation for you is to not only look at the best laser but also focus on who is performing your treatment.  Almost anyone can buy a laser but there are a lot of practitioners out there who have little to no experience using them.  And given the delicate nature of the tissue around your eyes, this could be disasterous.

I hope this helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best Laser for Eyelid Wrinkles?

+1

Regarding:"Best Laser for Eyelid Wrinkles?
"

Buna,

Despite some of the comments you will read, the truth is that there is no one single best laser for any one job.If like all of my colleagues who own lasers, I invested well over 100,000 dollars in a laser and have to pay it off, I would have to convince as many people as I can to be treated by my amazing, exceptional laser by stating it was the best machine God has bestowed on humans since creation. If you read the sales brochures, many of them read like fundamentalist religious texts of promises of the here after.

Having worked with lasers for years, including CO2 lasers, I do NOT think CO2 lasers are the gold standard in 2011, just as I do not think dripping Ether is the gold standard in anesthesia or Phenol is the best way to perform chemical peels. While a talented Phenol peeler can get great results with it, most do not. The same applies to CO2 lasers which are always associated with prolonged redness and some degree of hypo-pigmentation.

Personally, I believe that CURRENTLY the SCITON Joule Erbium laser gives the most versatility for wither full thickness peels or fractionated peels. With the Joule, the treatment can be customized for YOUR desire to fast results VS ability to take time off from work. I would suggest you check Microlaser Peels and Profractionated treatments and Sciton or Joule on YouTube to see it in action.

Mult Noroc.

Dr. Peter Aldea