Darkness Under Eyes Made Worse By Hyaluronidase - Laser Correction?

I have always had darkness under my eyes, I have light skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, and I have been prone to undereye darkness. I recently had all my fillers dissolved under my eyes with Hyaluronidase. My eyes seem to look worse now, Its been a week, I have more bags and the under eye darkness is back. My question, is there a laser that takes away darkness or is filler my only option again if done right?

Laser for dark circles

+1

The answer is NO. Your best option in my opinion at this point is to be patient. Although Hyaluronidase was injected 1 wk ago, you may still have some filler left over and probably some swelling. I would not add another treatment at this point as it may make things more complicated. I would wait and then re-asses to see if further Hyaluronidase will be required.

Dr Siegel

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat augmentation Can Correct Dark Circles Under the Eyes.

+1

Fat augmentation can correct dark circles under the eyes. Fat is natural, soft in appearance and touch, and for most people very long lasting. The result can be a very natural appearance.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Dark under eye circles made worse by hyaluronidase

+1

Hyaluronidase will dissolve some of the native hyaluronic acid present in your skin, but that will quickly be replaced by the body within the next 2-3 weeks. 

It is also possible that fillers made your uder eye area look better and now that they are dissolved, there is a stark contrast.

Lasers do not seen to improve the under eye darkness, they can however improve the loose skin. Ideally, filler done correctly after some tightening with fractional erbium resurfacing would correct both.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower eyelid darkness

+1

I have not found lasers to be very effective in reducing the dark color from blood flow. There are some individuals that have true familial hyperpigmentation and althought there is a risk of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation from the treatment, in this case lasers may help. If you just had the fillers dissolved with hyaluronidase, I would not suggest that fillers be repeated this soon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Dark circles under eyes

+1

You are probably still hollow under the eyes, causing a shadow, dark circle effect.  Conservative filling using restylane is a great option for that problem.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Wait at least a month before thinking about a laser therapy. I do not recommend laser for lower eyelid darkness. But I can not realy advise since there are no photos posted. From MIAMI DR. Darryl j. Blinski

Lasers can improve under eye darkness.

+1

•Lasers can improve under eye darkness. There are different causes of this problem:

1. pigment

2. capillaries

3. hollowness

lasers can improve all aspects.  If you look at some of my before and after photos (under my RealSelf profile), you will see many of patients had darkness/hollowing that was improved with laser resurfacing.  A combination of fillers and lasers may be best.  Take care, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Undereye darkness - skin discoloration or shadow

+1

Dark hollows under the eyes is a common complaint.  Filler can be used to address the hollow if it causes darkness from a shadow, but will not affect the skin itself.  A laser resurfacing can tighten the skin and reduce fine lines, but often will still not address the dark skin.

It seems you have tried a filler and not been happy with the results.  This is a very precise area to treat and must be done by someone who is very experienced with filling this area.  I would recommend trying a filler again, but be sure to give yourself time to heal from the filler and hyaluronidase - a week is still very early.

Hope this helps.

Jason Lichtenberger, MD
Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon