What Are the Solutions for a Webbed Neck?

I have been diagnosed with a webbed neck although I do not have any of the syndromes that usually accompany it. I want a normal neck and I realize past surgeries result in Z shaped scars on the neck. I was wondering if there are new, more successful webbed neck surgeries that I can look in to.

Webbed Neck (pterygium colli) Correction

+2

Neck webbing, or pterygium colli , as is seen In Turner's, Noonan's or Klippel-Feil Syndromes is associated with a short neck with wing-like side extensions. The only recognized effective way of releasing these band must incorporate shifting them forward using Z plasty procedures.

Tiny Z plasties for webbed neck

+1

Hi.

This is a difficult problem.  The reason some scarring is unavoidable is that the skin itself has to be cut and rearranged in order to eliminate the webs.  But patients do accept the scars readily as a  good trade off in order to get a neck of normal contour.  And of course good planning keeps the scars as short and inconspicuous as humanly possible.

Treatment of the webbed neck

+1

If you have the classical webbed neck that one usually sees with genetic disorders that will not be addressed by a conventional facelift. The excess skin in these cases is more on the sides of the neck while conventional facelifts address the skin on the front of the neck mostly. One way to make the z-plasties less visible with less scarring is to make more smaller Zs rather than fewer larger ones.

Webbed neck treatment.

+1

This is treated with a neck lift or facelift with as neck lift. Platysmaplasty is the name of just doing the neck, but this will do nothing for the rest of the face if you are aging there.