How to Fix Crepey Neck?

I am 62 years old. My skin is good with no wrinkling but my neck sags and I have deep lines on each side of my mouth... I smile a lot and that seems to help but I'd like to know of a way to lift and tighten the areas mention without undergoing a major face lift. Thank you

Solution for crepey neck

+1

At 62 years of age, you are going to need to address excess fat in the neck, jowls, the loose muscles in the neck, and sagging skin in both the neck and facial features. The only way to address the skin, muscle, and fat issues related to your face and neck is to perform a face/neck lift. We have many patients in our before and after photo gallery who are in their late 50’s and early 60’s that you can review at seattlefacial.com. 

Crepey Neck solutions

+1

In my opinion, the best treatment for the neck skin short of surgery is the fraxel laser. For the corners of the mouth and lip a filler like Juvederm might help. These are starting places if you're really trying to avoid surgery, but are certainly not going to give you the dramatic improvement that you'd see with a facelift. I'd recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon who can talk over your goals and options with you after examining you and your facial structure in person.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for crepey neck skin and deep facial lines

+1

Sorry but the answer is no. The non-surgical skin tightening modalities mostly involve the application of heat in some fashion. This can smooth out some wrinkles and give you some skin tightening in younger patients. Once you have deep lines the process is advanced and you have too much sagging skin for non-surgical approaches. The heat application would have to be so great that you would get a burn, bad scarring etc. Also the neck skin is less amenable to these heat applications than the face. Your best options are to visit with some board certified plastic surgeons near your home and get some opinions regarding what options are available to address the areas of concern. I am sure you can get a range of options with different prices and different degrees of improvement. It is probably best not to go for the cheapest or most expensive option. Barring that resubmit your query to real self with a few good quality photos and see what the surgeons on the panel think.

Aaron Stone, MD

Fixing the crepey neck.

+1

How good of a result do you want. The recovery and cost of a full facelift is worth the additional time and expense. Mini lifts give mini results. See an experienced facelift surgeon and let him give you the pros and cons of both. You get what you pay for.