Smoking Electronic Cigarette Ok After Breast Aug/lift?

i know i cant smoke but can i smoke a electronic cigarette

All Nicotine forms are bad for breast implants

+1

Any form of nicotine be it cigarettes, nicotine gum, lozenges, chewing tobacco, patches or e-cigarettes  all share the same risk as smoking. For breast implant augmentation surgery this means a significantly higher risk of capsular contracture.

Smoking and Surgery

+1

The electronic cigarettes may still have nicotine and nicotine is what we need to stay away from when having surgery to ensure proper wound healing.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Use of Electronic Cigarettes after Cosmetic Surgery

+1

There are electronic cigarettes that do not contain nicotine and those that do.  It is best to avoid all forms of nicotine, as the use of nicotine can greatly impact your healing and can cause problems following surgery. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Smoking, its the nicotine that matters

+1

A smoke-less or electronic cigarettes still produce nicotine, and the nicotine is the problem with healing after surgery. Actually we find smoking has little impact on breast augmentation, but to play it safe, no smoking or no nicotine for at least two weeks is best.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Electronic cigarettes

+1

If electronic cigarettes have nicotine in them, then you can not smoke them. The nicotine constricts blood vessels and can impair wound healing.

Smoking Electronic Cigarettes after Surgey is NOT OK?

+1

Electronic cigarettes still contain nicotine which constricts blood vessels and can cause serious problems after surgery. It is best to avoid all nicotine products.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Electronic cigarettes are a bad idea!

+1

Though some electronic cigarettes have a "nicotine-free" flavor only vapor effect, others have "flavor and nicotine" cartridges, and nicotine is the problem. This includes nicotine patches, gum, spray, and even second-hand smoke. Nicotine is a potent vasoconstrictor, and dead skin or dead nipples can be the result. Honest, no exaggeration!

So, even if you are using the "safe" no-nicotine e-cigarettes, why must you simulate smoking at all? You already know nicotine is the problem, and "smoking" these e-cigarettes only makes others around you want to light up. Their REAL cigarettes! With real second-hand nicotine!

Second-hand smoke is just as bad for you as smoking yourself!

Even 1 cigarette, even exposure to second-hand smoke, even 1 Nicorette gum (you get the idea) can cause enough vasoconstriction that you could end up with a dead nipple/areola complex or dead breast skin flaps requiring prolonged dressing changes for an open wound, skin grafts, and additional reconstructive surgery. If your implants become exposed, they have to come out. Forget the cosmetic result--now your surgeon is just trying to get your breasts healed!

I do not perform surgery on smokers, as it shows inadequate commitment on the patient's part in obtaining a safe good result. And of course, you know who is expected to "fix things" when these problems develop, even though circulation problems are almost always preventable by compliance with NO SMOKING requirements!

If your surgeon asked you on the morning of surgery "Is it OK if I don't do my best work today? I can't seem to focus on the important things about your case; it's too hard" would you cheerfully go ahead? That, dear lady, is what you just asked--and you already know the answer! One more example, just in case I am being too obtuse. If your teenage daughter asked you if it was OK to have "pretend sex" with her boyfriend, what would your answer be?

Truly, I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but even though nicotine-free flavor-vapor electronic cigarettes may be "technically" safe, the risks of second-hand smoke, or simply falling off the wagon are too great, and you really don't want dead skin or nipples! Really! You may wish to consider Zyban or Chantix--ask your doctor and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-lift

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon