Smoked a Cigarette 3 Days Post Breast Implant Removal, Will I Heal Okay?

I Smoked a Cigarett 3 Days Post my Breast Implant Removal, Will They Not Heal, I Wont Smoke Again

+1

1 cigarette will probably not affect healing for breast implant removal since you are not altering the blood supply. But don't do it again!

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Cigarettes and healing

+1

While a single cigarette is unlikely to significantly impact the results, cigarette smoking does risk complicating healing.

Please don't smoke if you're having plastic surgery

+1

All forms of nicotine should really be avoided for any plastic surgery procedure. This is particularly true of cigarettes, but also applies to replacement patches/gum etc. 

The reason is that nicotine act as a powerful drug that shrinks down small blood vessels. And it is exactly these small blood vessels that are needed to heal your wounds. In addition, the skin is often put under tension in plastic surgery operations. This also has the effect of reducing blood supply. Therefore if you smoke as well, it is effectively a "double whammy" for your wounds and they are at a much higher risk of infection and would healing problems.

London Plastic Surgeon

Cigarettes and healing

+1

Cigarettes are a no no!  While I doubt one cigarette will cause any problems, cigarettes in general increase the risk of major complications with healing.

Smoking after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Although impossible to say for certain, I think it is unlikely that a single cigarette smoked 3 days after breast implant removal will change your course. These operations are associated with small incisions are generally heal well.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm