Age 37, 234lbs, 50G Breasts, What Are My Options As A Low Income Mom? (photo)

I'm 37 and 234pounds my breast is a 50 G and it hurting my back my neck you name it , it hurt I have been having this problem for a long time. I stared off with big breast at the age of 12years old they was 36c cups and in middle school they when up to a Dcup then in high school they became 38dd at 25 40d so on and so on the last time I can recall a 44dd it was 4years ago but now they are 50Gs and I hoping they dont get no bigger I'm a low income mom and can't afford to get them reduced.

Breast reduction as a low income mom

+4

Based on your description and photo, you have very large breasts.  Given that you have medical indications to undergo breast reduction, your insurance company or Medicaid may cover for your procedure.  Ask your primary physician to give you a referral to a board-certified plastic surgeon who accepts your health plan.  I do think you will benefit from breast reduction.  Good luck to you.

Low income breast reduction

+4

It seems clear that you need a breast reduction for medical reasons. Insurance should cover this surgery for you. See your regular doctor for a referral to a board certified plastic surgeon or if you don't have a regular doctor, your local medical society or hospital may help you find one and get medicaid. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Need breast reduction (photo)

+4

You have what I would consider disabling gigantomastia, and reduction mammaplasty is indicated.  You may qualify for Medicaid, which will cover the procedure if performed by a participating surgeon in a contracted facility.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast Reduction and Financing Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. You may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; it would be in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing this procedure. Doing so will minimize the chances of perioperative complications and also minimize the chances that further surgery will be necessary in the future.

In regards to financing the operation, your breast reduction may be covered through health insurance and/or Medicare/Medi-Cal coverage. Otherwise, one option would be to consider a university teaching hospital.  If these options are not viable, you will have to  save for the procedure.

Best wishes with your efforts; breast reduction is one of the most patient pleasing operations performed.