Too Small For My Frame? (photo)

Hi there, just got my ba 1 wek ago ,and 2morow I will have my post op visit.i got 457 cc each silicone,i am 5'6 and 118 . i know is to early to judge at this time but do they look small for my body frame?. thinking after dropping they will go smaller wil get me depressed.! after all this process dropping healing etc how mach volume i will lose?..thank you

Not Too Small

+2

Hello Ilaila,

No, I don't think that your new breasts are too small for your frame, but that's just my opinion, and it is not based in fact or medical assessment.  From a medical point of view, it appears as though your implants are as big as they can be without disturbing your normal breast architecture and potentially causing problems.

Yes, it is very early, but I can assure you that a lot of your breast implant volume is sitting high on the chest wall, where it contributes little to your breast.  As time goes on, this will settle, and I think you will be very pleased with the volume and projection of your new breasts.

Too Small For My Frame? (photo)

+2

Appears as a very nice result as seen in your posted photos. You can always pay for a larger implant in a secondary surgery. But why not live with this result for at least a year? 

Breast augmentation appearance after one week

+2

It is very hard not to be anxious shortly after breast augmentation, but these implant certainly do not appear to be too small for your frame.  In particular, I find that when the implants have just been put in, and the tight muscle is pushing them upward, they look more like muscle than breast.  Once they start to settle into the breast, they will look more like breast, and will appear larger.

My best advice would be to be patient, and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best of luck with your healing!

James Nachbar, MD

How mach volume i will lose - a week after BA showing photos?..

+2

Many thanks for the question. I think from the images that its a very good job done and only change that is expected is that the volume and fullness in the upper half of Breast move slowly down to look more natural. From 5th or 6th week onwards the size should be stationary but the position of fullness will shift down and if you like to keep the fullness in upper half then better use surgical or sports bra to keep it the way it is for next 3 months when the implant get stuck to its position if its textured implant. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Too Small for Frame?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Overall your results after breast optician surgery look quite nice to me. Of course, every patient who has this procedure performed has different goals;  therefore, it is hard to answer whether you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure.

Having said that, it is not unusual for patients to feel that they are too big or too small during the first few weeks after breast augmentation surgery. Often, these same patients go on to be very happy with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Also, you should be aware that as breast implants “settle”, the breasts themselves may seem larger ( “drop and fluff” phenomenon).

At this point, my best suggestion is to continue to exercise patience,  enjoy the outcome of the nice improvement you have achieved and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.