I Have Small 34B Breasts, Can I Go to 34D Breasts Without Looking Too Fake? (photo)

I am 5'4 117 lbs 19 years old with one child. I want to have round breasts, but not so round they are fake looking, i want them to be big too, but not so big they look bad on my small frame. i am a small 34B/full 34A depending on the bra. how many CC's or how large can i go without looking incredibly fake?

Can I go to 34D?

+2

You look great as you are. The question you need to ask yourself is will I like a new look with larger breasts. With larger breasts you may also choose 36 bras instead and it takes a larger breast to fill a 36D bra. I suggest you get one or two 36D bras you want to wear after surgery and then put different sizes of implants in front of your breast inside the bra. I would suggest start with 300cc and increase the sizes in 50cc increments until you try at least a 400cc implant. Keep going until you're sure you have a size that's larger than what you want, then go back down to the largest size you think you will be happy with. That's usually the right size for you. If you can't get access to implants use a baggie from the kitchen and fill it the same way with a measuring cup from the kitchen and use ml. instead of cc (cc and ml are almost exactly the same) and put the baggie in you bra and do the same thing. The baggie will give you the same weight and bulk as the same size implant but when the implant is behind your breast your own breast will add a much better shape and you will be more round. For you I would suggest the subglandular placement with round saline Mentor implants. That does not cut into either the breast or the muscle and best preserves your natural anatomy that is currently ideal. I think you should do a regular massage program to lessen the chance of capsular contracture. I also suggest to put off having more children to avoid increasing the size of your breasts during pregnancy and perhaps causing sag after the pregnancy. You should get an outstanding result.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

You Have To Take a Variety of Measurements First

+1
This all depends on a variety of measurements of your original, pre-surgery body contour and your desired outcome. A variety of variables are considered, including your height, weight, breast width, breast height, distance between nipple and breast fold, as well as your desired cup size to determine the most suitable implant size, type and specific surgical technique. Based on all of these measurements, you can then determine how many cc's would look natural, or unnatural. Best of luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Reshape and reposition required to achieve the desired look

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  I would recommend 200 cc implants to take you from a 34 B to a 34 D.  However, your breasts are too far apart.  To look like the model shown you will need Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Implants alone will not achieve the model look you desire.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a breast size and look

+1

Here are some general issues to consider from my perspective and experience:

I strongly disagree with Dr. Hayhurst's response. Your bra size in terms of the chest size (34) should not change. Only the cup size within that chest size should change. I also find external sizers to be very misleading in terms of deciding actual implant volume needed and the expected look and result. 

The maximum size increase with a properly fitted high profile implant would be 2 cup sizes. If you are a small B then this would be a small D in the same 34 in. chest. By definition, D cup breasts are out of proportion. They can still look "natural" and the patient may be happy with them but they are out of proportion - A, B, and C cup size breasts are the normal range. 

The way to size an implant and know that it will fit and look natural (assuming it's properly positioned and healed there) is to make sure the diameter of the implant is about 3/4 to 1 cm less than the upright diameter of your breast across the center and with arms down. This diameter is then looked up in a high profile (saline-filled or gel-filled) and the number of cc's is found -- don't start with the number of cc's and work backwards. 

An implant is just a pillow of volume. It does not change the basic characteristics of the breast and specifically does not move them closer together, change the axis of the nipple-areola, or lift them. Your breasts are normal but are a bit wide apart and the axis of the nipple-areolas is not forward pointing. This will not change with a properly done augmentation. One cannot "choose" a look or style of breast. It should look like your breast with its characteristics about 2 cup sizes larger. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Going from a "b" to a "D"during breast augmentation will not look unnatural.

+1

I don't think D cup will look unnatural all because of size. Fake looking breasts are usually that way because of capsular contracture not because the final volume.

Choosing breast implant size

+1

With your small frame I do not think you can go to 34D without looking fake. What you want is not achievable because the model in that photo has cleavage and you do not. Breast implants do not create cleavage.

How large can you go is a good question and cannot be answered just on the basis of a photo. The question should be how large an implant can my skin envelope safely hold without creating stretchmarks, drooping or other problems. That can only be answered after a face to face examination with a qualified surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Size question

+1

Any discussion about which volume to use is a discussion best held with a plastic surgeon who can examine you in person.  Every doctor has his/her own technique for determining which volume to use in order to put you in the ballpark of the cup size that you want to achieve.  Your doctor can also discuss the various implant shapes and contours.  I might suggest getting two or three consultations so that you can get differing perspectives from different plastic surgeons.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

I Have Small 34B Breasts, Can I Go to 34D Breasts Without Looking Too Fake?

+1

Maybe but only IN PERSON examinations can allow you to achieve and learn what is best for you. I think a 350 to 400 cc UHP would be best. 

Selecting a breast implant

+1

How big is too big is a loaded question.  It will be important that you have an open communication with your plastic surgeon at the time of your consultation.  In our office, in addition to a physical examination and dimensional analysis we use the Vectra 3D system to help patients understand how a particular implant will fit on your body.  It is a powerful educational tool.  Just from your photo an implant in the 300 to 350 cc range, moderate plus to high profile should look in proportion to your body shape.  Since you do not have a lot of soft tissue to cover the implant a high profile implant will tend to look very round.