400, 425, 450cc - Silicone Implants? 5'8, 155, Curvy, Atheltic Build

Hello I am 5'8, 155 with a Curvy, but Athletic build. I carry my weight in my lower body, I have broad shoulder, long legs, full hips and bottom. I want the fullness I had in my breast before having two kids, and because I'm having surgey, maybe a little extra :,). I am a professional in a conservative work environment and have two small children, but I appreciate feminity and feeling sexy... Struggling with choosing the right size. Currently a 36 B/C. Appreciate doctor or community feedback.

Appropriate Sizing

+3

Thank you for your photograph.  You need to consult with a BC PS to get a more accurate determination of size.  Size can be determined by your chest width.  In my experience a woman of your height an implant in the 400's would be appropriate

Dr. ES

400, 425, 450cc - Silicone Implants? 5'8, 155, Curvy, Athletic Build

+3

There is not a great deal of visual difference in 50 cc.  I would recommend trying on sizers in the office and then add 50 cc to the volume you like to account for the submuscular placement.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant size calculation

+2

You are focusing on implant size when your bigger problem is your breasts have descended.  A simultaneous lift is essential.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape the breast tissue to create upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants are more stable long term and look and feel more natural.  At size 36 each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the implant required to achieve your desired goal.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right size breast implants

+2

Pictures are a great tool when deciding what size implant you would like. There are website where you can plug in your height and weight and current cup size. Then you can chose implants in various sizes on women with you similar physique.  This will give you an idea of sizing. Remember to keep your goals in mind, such as cleavage, upper pole fullness etc. Discuss this with your surgeon. Together you will be able to make the decision together. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+2

The 3 implants you are considering are very close in size.  Try on all 3 sizes during your next visit to your surgeon.  It may help to put one size on one side and another size on the opposite to appreciate the difference. 3 D imaging with the Vectra may help/

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Athletic Build Looking for Curvy Implant Results

+2

Congratulations on being fit after having 2 children!  From your photo and dimensions I think you can probably carry any of the 3 sizes you mention.  When I size patients in the office we use sizers and really emphasize the balance between breasts and hips.  It is really helpful to look in a full-length mirror, holding the sizers to your chest and turning side to side to see what is most pleasing.  I am also a fan of 3D imaging as one more tool to help you visualize a result.  But if I could only use one way of sizing, I would use the sizers held up to the chest.  Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

What size implant

+2

you look like you could carry any of the implants you mentioned without a problem. I would suggest you look on line at women who start with your volume and you like there end result. Usually the photos on line list the implant size and type. Also maybe your surgeon has the implant sizing kit available that may assist you. EIther way I do not think that you are making a mistake. Sit down and discuss things again with your surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your picture, I think that you are starting at a great “starting point” when it comes to  achieving a nice outcome after breast augmentation surgery.  Although potentially useful to some degree, online “consultations” cannot be as precise as necessary.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. 

Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD