Slightly Narrow Upper Lateral Cartilage, Slightly Lower Nose Tip, and Correct Possible Nasal Valve Collapse? (photo)

Hi, I'm 16 yo male but I'll have rhinoplasty in my 20s. These are the procedures I want, would you recommend them & would it look good & natural or is it too much? 1. Most important: Correct nasal valve collapse, one nostril is lower than the other and hard to breathe out of. 2. Important: Narrow my upper lateral cartilage a SLIGHT bit like my photo with the red markings. Id like my nose to remain sharp looking tho. 3. Is it worth it: Slightly lower the tip of nose. See captions for more info

Nasal Valve Collapse and Asymmetry

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty addressing your nasal valve collapse and asymmetry that will also improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Correction of nasal valve collapse requires widening of the lower lateral cartilage

Thank you for your question. You will need to be examined by an expert in rhinoplasty surgery for proper advice and recommendations.

That said if you do have a nasal valve collapse which interferes with breathing you will likely need spreader grafts which will widen the lower lateral cartilages.

Please see an expert.

Rhinoplasty technique ideal for me

Hi I think a closed total Rhinoplasty would be some thing that I would advise if I conduct a clinical examination.These images are not enough to give an opinion however Nasal valve collapse should be corrected at the same sitting.Nostril asymmetry can as well be corrected and for breathing trouble one need to investigate for the status of your septum.