Can You Sleep on Your Stomach After You Have Had a Face Filler in Your Cheeks or Will It Make It Go Away?

For the first few hours after filler injection, it is better to avoid pressure on the areas treated.

+1

I recently participated in a panel of filler experts who discussed this issue. The most common cause of filler displacement is massage, but excessive movement from chewing, smiling, etc, may also affect the newly placed filler. Sleeping on the face is usually not a problem, unless you go to bed right after treatment.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Sleeping with Facial fillers

+1

Actually, this is a good question. The fillers become fixed in place shortly after the treatment. Please feel free to sleep in your normal positions.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you sleep on facial filler?

+1

Yes, I have never seen any complications from this and I would encourage you to resume your normal activity.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping Position and Fillers

+1

Dear sissy88,

We have never had any issues related to sleep positioning and filler complications.  I would suggest that a good night's sleep is worth the risks, whatever they may be.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon