Is It Possible to Remove Permanent Filler?

is it possible to remove a permament filler in cheek after 1 year, with surgery?

Permanent Fillers can be removed

+2

Permanent fillers can be removed, but surgery is required, and often multiple surgeries are required, at that. I know that the lure of permanent fillers is significant, but the problems with them can be even more significant. For that reason, I advise my patients to go with the short term fillers which can last 1 year and sometimes longer. Also, remember that our faces keep changing and last year’s solution can become next year’s problem.

Is it possible to remove a permament filler in cheek after 1 year, with surgery?

+2

It depends on the type of filler used.  I have had good experience removing Bio alcamid but silicone or artecol would have to be removed along with some fat housing the filler.  Fillers contain no inherent magic and the MD using them must understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  Permanent fillers must be injected into the fatty layers of the face just like temporary ones used for facial shaping and contouring (Perlane, Radiesse and Voluma).  The problem is this fatty layer does not stay put but sags down and inwards towards the nose and mouth taking the permanent filler with it.  This, obviously isn't the desired aesthetic result and as such, I won't use permanent fillers in the face.  Cheek Implants, Chin Implants or temporary fillers are what I have found the most aesthetically appropriate.

Remove Permanent Filler

+1

Permanent filler can be removed surgically.  The process is not easy and may require repeated procedure. You should only have this procedure performed by an expert surgeon who is experienced in this procedure. This experience underscores the importance of utilizing experienced and expert injectors who understands your objectives and will choose the product most appropriate to your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Removing permanent filler

+1

Removing permanent filler can be done, but you need to know that it's difficult and some scarring may occur, depending upon the area and type of filler being removed. I have removed silicone from many people's lips over the years but it does require several procedures and healing time. I would say you need to be evaluated by a physician who has done a great deal of filler removal and who has a great grasp of facial aesthetics.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD