Is It Necessary to Sleep with Girdle 3 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck?

I am 3 weeks post tummy tuck. My girdle is extremely uncomfortable to sleep in. I take it off halfway through the night, but use the binder. Can this affect my results?

If girdle is uncomfortable 3 weeks after tummy tuck usually can be removed.

+1

Thank you for your question. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon for advice on compression garments and girdle after tummy tuck.

in my practice if compression garments aren't comfortable I recommended patients do not wear them.

Girdle & Binder after Tummy Tuck

+1

For most of my patients, I allow them to stop wearing the firm binder 2 weeks after surgery (unless they wish to wear it longer). I do recommend the GelZone abdominal wrap, which provides some support and scar treatment, starting 1-2 weeks after surgery. Check with your surgeon but in most cases, patients can stop wearing it by weeks.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Binder

+1

I believe compression is important and use it in all of these cases. Your surgeon will have specific instructions for you which you should follow

Michael Hueneke, MD

Girdle after Tummy Tuck?

+1

You will probably be just fine removing your girdle if it is “extremely uncomfortable”  but always best to check with your plastic surgeon.