Will my Tummy Tuck Be Ruined After Pregnancy Although I Would Be Dieting and Exercising ?

hey....i am a 26 years old single female who is planning to do a tummy tuck next week.my question is if i got married one day will my tummy tuck be ruined even if i kept dieting and exercising during and after pregnancy?

Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck Considerations

+1

This is a tough question as some women have good elasticity ( you probably do not if you are having a tummy tuck) and do well after pregnancy. It is quite possible that you may need a revision after pregnancy even with proper diet, and exercise during pregnancy. In the big picture, probably a small price to pay.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/tummy-tuck/

Pregnancy following a tummy tuck

+1

If you undergo a tummy tuck and decide later on to have children, there is a good possibility that the skin will stretch out and you may need the tummy tuck redone. There is no way to know for sure and even proper weight control during pregnancy may not prevent it from occurring.  But it sounds like you are several years away from having to deal with the issue, so go ahead and proceed with your surgery and enjoy your flat tummy!

Pregnancy and tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. There is no way to predict how your body will respond after pregnancy.  I would advise that if there is a good chance that you will become pregnant in the future that you consider either getting a skin and fat-only tummy tuck or consider postponing the tummy tuck until after pregnancy. Discuss these issues and all of your questions specifically with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.

Pregnancy Will Adversely Affect Tummy Tuck Results

+1

I don't know if ruined is the right word, but it is clear it will mar the result to some degree. It is impossible to predict in anyone how much of a change it will make due to a variety of variables. But pregnancy and tissue expansion are not helpful in maintaining the results of a tummy tuck. I have had a handful of tummy tuck patients who had tummy tucks and got pregnant later. They all eventually desired a revision of their original tummy tuck at some point after their delivery.

Web reference: http://www.eppleytummytuck.com/

Will my tummy tuck be ruined by pregnancy?

+1

NO, your tummy tuck will not be ruined, but you may need further revision surgery to improve after future pregnancies.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com/body/tummy-tuck-san-diego/

Tummy Tuck Before Pregnancy

+1

There is no way to predict how things will turn out after a pregnancy. Most women have tummy tucks after their last planned pregnancy.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

+1

I agree with the previous postings that there is no way to know what the outcome will be after a pregnancy if you have a tummy tuck.  I have had women do well and not need any further procedures.  I have also had several who subsequently chose to have a secondary abdominoplasty.  You did not explain why you are having a tummy tuck at age 26.  This seems a bit unusual unless you have had a previous pregnancy or have undergone a significant weight loss. 

Pregnancy After Tummy Tuck

+1

There is just no way to answer your question for sure other than a pregnancy can be completely normal after a tummy tuck and it is unlikely to "ruin" the surgery. That does not mean you may not want a little touch up to the surgery after the baby is born.  It is absolutely crucial that you are sure you are not pregnant at the time of the tummy tuck..

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

+1

I have had three patients in my practice get pregnant after a tummy tuck and in each case they did quite well and did not need or want more surgery.  Having said that I think it is unpredictable how much change you will have and of course a secondary procedure may be necessary. Dieting and exercising is fine during the pregnancy but the problem is the localized stretching that occurs as your uterus gets larger and stretches the skin and muscle of the central and lower abdomen.  This you will not be able to avoid during pregnancy.

I believe you are implying that you have not yet been pregnant so I must ask why you are having a tummy tuck in the first place.  If it is due to weight loss thats understandable but perhaps consider that you may not need a tummy tuck now, perhaps liposuction is more appropriate.  Unable to give any more advice with respect to that issue without seeing you or at least seeing photographs.

Thank you for your question and good luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Pregnancy?

+1

Unfortunately, despite all precautions,  your abdominal wall may change significantly after pregnancy. Afterwards you may find that there is “excess skin'  and/or loss of skin elasticity. The  abdominal wall rectus muscles do separate to some degree with pregnancy.

You should be aware that you may need revisionary surgery after completion of pregnancies.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm