Skinny Girl Tummy Tuck?

I am 5'4 and weigh 120lbs. I live in Orange County, CA. I work out 1.5/hrs. 5 days a week. I have had 3 pregnancies but have muscle separation and a little loose skin. Most surgeons website highlights their work on heavier set or people who are not relatively fit Or mini Tummy tucks. Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon who has experience doing full TT and pictures of tummy tucks performed on skinnier more for a fit mom? Thanks!

Tummy Tuck on Thin Women

Tummy tucks performed on thin women are even more successful than those on patients who carry extra weight. The reason is that the skin is more easily "re-draped" over the tightened abdomen. The issue that can occur is whether you have sufficient excess skin to remove to ensure you have a well placed scar low on the abdomen. There is nothing technically challenging re: thin women and tummy tucks aside from proper planning and discussion with the patient.

See a few surgeons to get a sense of who might fit you best.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

1431 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014

Abdominoplasty on a thin woman

When evaluating an abdomen several factors must be examined
  1. Skin
  2. Subcutaneous fat
  3. Anterior abdominal wall laxity
  4. Intra-abdominal fat or visceral fat
If your skin has multiple stretch marks then liposuction may not be the best option. There are modifications of an abdominoplasty but in your particular case a standard abdominoplasty would be the best choice. This will flatten the abdominal bulge, contour the abdomen with liposuction of the trunk, flanks and posterior hips, and tighten the skin. The trade off is the scar. This is an individual decision for your to make after you weigh the risks and benefits. If you want to have a flat abdomen the trade off is the scar that can be hidden by your bathing suit or underwear. With proper planning the scar can be managed. Proactive scar care is vital to obtain an aesthetic result.

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Skinny Girl Tummy Tuck

Dear aaa3- A tummy tuck is designed for removing loose skin and repairing the stretched abdominal wall obtained after pregnancy.  It is not weight dependent.  Many of my patients are athletes in great shape looking to get rid of that loose mommy skin and bulge.  There should be plenty of PS's in OC who can help you. Get several consults and I'm sure you will find one you like.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

1200 Binz street
Houston, TX 77004

Tummy Tuck in Orange County, CA

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified plastic surgeons. Dr.Timothy Lim and Dr. Hoang Bui are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Perfect candidate for a tummy tuck

A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is an extensive operation that involves improving the appearance of the abdomen and hips.  It is individualized to each patient, no two tummy tucks are alike.  I look at three variables:

1. Skin
  2. Fat
  3. Muscle

A tummy tuck involves manipulation of 1, 2 or all 3 of these elements to some degree.  In patients at or near their ideal body weight and in good physical condition, you can achieve fantastic results with a quick recovery.  If you search the Internet you will be able to find plenty of pictures of healthy women who undergo tummy tuck procedures, in this situation it appears the muscle repair will be the most important.  Make sure you are done having babies though, we do not want to do this procedure TWICE!!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

4911 South 118 Street
Omaha, NE 68137

Skin women tummy tucks

Tummy tucks on thin women work very well. Typically there is skin excision only with tightening of the stomach muscles. If planned and done correclty, these can give very nice results.

Robert Heck, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

4030 Easton Station
Columbus, OH 43219

Tummy tuck on thin people

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. I try and hide the scar as much as possible as well as minimize its length so you could wear a bikini comfortably. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Tummy tuck for a thin woman

Every tummy tuck requires an individualized approach.  In my practice it is rather common to see young mom’s that are quite fit and thin requesting tummy tucks, as the damage from pregnancy often can not improve with exercise alone.  Depending on individual anatomy, we perform a surgical procedure designed to treat the patients anatomy.  This could be a mini, modified, or full. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Can Fit Women have a Tummy Tuck too??

A Tummy Tuck for a "fit women" can most often achieve better results than the same procedure performed on a patient who needs to lose weight.  However, performing the abdominoplasty procedure on a lean patient does have specific considerations associated with it: namely, will there be enough skin to remove and leave the incision line low across the waist?

Some thin patients don't need much skin removed and that may be you.  It sounds like you may benefit from the muscle tightening (called diastasis repair) alone through a lower abdominal incision and only minimal skin removal.  Consult your board certified cosmetic surgeon to see if you would be a good candidate for this.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

7711 Baymeadows Road East
Jacksonville, FL 32256

Tummy tuck in thin girl

Hello and thank you for the question.

From you description, it is likely that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  More information would be necessary to determine if you would be best suited with a full tummy tuck versus a mini-tummy tuck. Most plastic surgeons with experience in tummy tuck surgery will come across a wide variety of body types, including thin women such as yourself. 

Regarding a recommendation, I would suggest going to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website and finding a qualified surgeon in your area.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

436 N. Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210