Skinny Girl Tummy Tuck?

I am 5'4 and weigh 120lbs. I live in Orange County, CA. I work out 1.5/hrs. 5 days a week. I have had 3 pregnancies but have muscle separation and a little loose skin. Most surgeons website highlights their work on heavier set or people who are not relatively fit Or mini Tummy tucks. Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon who has experience doing full TT and pictures of tummy tucks performed on skinnier more for a fit mom? Thanks!

Skinny Girl Tummy Tuck

+2

Dear aaa3- A tummy tuck is designed for removing loose skin and repairing the stretched abdominal wall obtained after pregnancy.  It is not weight dependent.  Many of my patients are athletes in great shape looking to get rid of that loose mommy skin and bulge.  There should be plenty of PS's in OC who can help you. Get several consults and I'm sure you will find one you like.

Mommy makeover tummy tuck is for what exercise can't do alone

+2

To put it very simply, a tummy tuck - like pretty much everything in plastic surgery - is for the things you can't do with diet and exercise. This includes removing excess skin for a tighter abdomen, repairing a muscle separation, and if necessary removing localized fat. Once these changes have occurred with pregnancy, there is no number of situps that will accomplish what the tummy tuck does. If that weren't the case, we would send people back to the gym instead of the operating room! 

Tummy Tuck on Thin Women

+2

Tummy tucks performed on thin women are even more successful than those on patients who carry extra weight. The reason is that the skin is more easily "re-draped" over the tightened abdomen. The issue that can occur is whether you have sufficient excess skin to remove to ensure you have a well placed scar low on the abdomen. There is nothing technically challenging re: thin women and tummy tucks aside from proper planning and discussion with the patient.

See a few surgeons to get a sense of who might fit you best.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Tummy Tuck in Orange County, CA

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified plastic surgeons. Dr.Timothy Lim and Dr. Hoang Bui are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Perfect candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is an extensive operation that involves improving the appearance of the abdomen and hips.  It is individualized to each patient, no two tummy tucks are alike.  I look at three variables:

1. Skin
  2. Fat
  3. Muscle

A tummy tuck involves manipulation of 1, 2 or all 3 of these elements to some degree.  In patients at or near their ideal body weight and in good physical condition, you can achieve fantastic results with a quick recovery.  If you search the Internet you will be able to find plenty of pictures of healthy women who undergo tummy tuck procedures, in this situation it appears the muscle repair will be the most important.  Make sure you are done having babies though, we do not want to do this procedure TWICE!!

Web reference: http://www.bodybyfinkle.com

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Skin women tummy tucks

+1

Tummy tucks on thin women work very well. Typically there is skin excision only with tightening of the stomach muscles. If planned and done correclty, these can give very nice results.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck on thin people

+1

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. I try and hide the scar as much as possible as well as minimize its length so you could wear a bikini comfortably. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for a thin woman

+1

Every tummy tuck requires an individualized approach.  In my practice it is rather common to see young mom’s that are quite fit and thin requesting tummy tucks, as the damage from pregnancy often can not improve with exercise alone.  Depending on individual anatomy, we perform a surgical procedure designed to treat the patients anatomy.  This could be a mini, modified, or full. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can Fit Women have a Tummy Tuck too??

+1

A Tummy Tuck for a "fit women" can most often achieve better results than the same procedure performed on a patient who needs to lose weight.  However, performing the abdominoplasty procedure on a lean patient does have specific considerations associated with it: namely, will there be enough skin to remove and leave the incision line low across the waist?

Some thin patients don't need much skin removed and that may be you.  It sounds like you may benefit from the muscle tightening (called diastasis repair) alone through a lower abdominal incision and only minimal skin removal.  Consult your board certified cosmetic surgeon to see if you would be a good candidate for this.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck in thin girl

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

From you description, it is likely that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  More information would be necessary to determine if you would be best suited with a full tummy tuck versus a mini-tummy tuck. Most plastic surgeons with experience in tummy tuck surgery will come across a wide variety of body types, including thin women such as yourself. 

Regarding a recommendation, I would suggest going to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website and finding a qualified surgeon in your area.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/tummy-tuck-surgery-beverly-hills.php