Is It Normal to Get New Bruises on my Stomach 2 Weeks After Having a Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

+1

Without trauma to these areas very unusual to obtain new ecchymosis after 2 weeks post operative. Seek in person examination from your surgeon. 

Late bruising

+1
It is not uncommon for blood to make it's way to the surface late after a procedure like liposuction. You may have noticed that the color also progresses from deep blue to green to yellow before the bruise fades completely. Increased activity and less time in the post-liposuction garments may allow these deeper pockets of blood to finally surface. Always play it safe if you have concerns by following up with your surgeon.

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after Tummy Tuck Surgery and Lipo

+1

Some bruising is normal, if you have new bruising, you should bring it to the attention of your surgeon.  I follow my tummy tuck patients weekly so I am hoping that you are following up closely with your surgeon.

Bruising with tummy tuck

+1

It is unusual to have new bruising after 2 weeks.  I recommend that you have your plastic surgeon take a look to make sure that you did not have any late bleeding, especially if you have noticed an increase in swelling.  Sometimes patients will start to increase their activity levels when starting to feel better the second week and you are at risk for bleeding for around 2 weeks.  Good luck.

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Late bruising after tummy tuck

+1

Sometimes bruising can appear a few days or a couple weeks after your abdominoplasty.  In most cases, this can be a normal occurence and is due to some deep bruising that has just worked its way to the surface.  However, you should be concerned if your abdomen also begins to enlarge and feels more painful and tighter than before.  That may be an indication that you have some late bleeding and you should let your plastic surgeon know immediately.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon