How Long Do Most Doctors Wait to See a Patient Again After a Full Tummy Tuck?

I'm having a full tummy tuck and small hernia repair next month. My first post-op appointment is nine days later. Is this normal? It seems like a very long time to wait to have the tubes removed. Don't most doctors want to see patients sooner to remove the dressings and to check for problems?

Every practice is different, however...

We all have different routines. I see my tummy tuck patients back the next day for the first postoperative appointment. I am aware of how uncomfortable that is, but it ensures that the patients are up and moving and allows me to address nausea, pain etc. Nine days seems like a long time.

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon