Does Skin Stretch When Using Sculptra or HA Fillers? Could this Cause More Sagginess and Wrinkles when the Effects Go Down?

How can the skin shrink back to the tightness it was before it was filled? Once you have fillers in one place doesn't this mean you have to keep filling the same area where the skin was stretched in order to avoid sagging in that area?

Sculptra or fillers replace the volume lost under the skin

+1

As time goes on we all lose volume under the skin. This is what causes the sagging and wrinkles on the surface.

The skin itself is not stretched by these products. Rather, they provide the support to gently redrape the skin as it was.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does skin stretch after fillers?

+1

The question of whether or not filler treatments will increase the risk of worsening of the lines after the filler has worn off has come up frequently. In my experience, the opposite has been the case. Wrinkles can be made to disappear using the new fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Sculptra and Radiesse which give a completely natural look. These fillers can also stimulate the production of your own collagen which can give an even longer lasting result. I have never seen an instance where I felt that the treatment made things worse after it wore off. Quite to the contrary, I feel that fillers not only eliminate lines but will also prevent new ones from forming. Eventually, when all of the filler is gone, I believe you will still be much improved and will be better off than if you had no treatments at all.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon