About the Interval of Sculptra Sessions, Is Shorter than a Month Between Sessions too Short?

i'm 33 years old~ i had sculptra injected on my cheeks 3 times~ first in January 28 and second in march 2 an i got the third one just 2 weeks later after the second. because i couldn't notice any change since the first injection, so i hate to be waiting. my doctor was reluctant to do it , but i insisted. now i'm so worried about the side effects. is it too risky that the interval between each sculptra session is shorter than a month?

Sculptra and frequency of injection

+1

It is recommended that Sculptra be given at 30 day intervals for the best collagen stimulating  response.  That is when the collagen response is most revved up.  It is ok to do it before or after this period but the response may not be as great.  If you are going to do it in less than a month after the previous injection why not just do 2 vials in the 1st place.  The full effect of Sculptra will not be seen for 3-6 months.  Your doctor should be able to predict how many vials you will need  and recommend an appropriate schedule for injections.  

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Interval between Sculptra injections

+1

There is no risk but it is best to wait to assess the results of your previous Sculptra injections before having your next treatment. It's just common sense.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How long between injections of Sculptra?

+1

The short answer is it is best to wait 4-6 weeks between injections based on my experience. As the process to lay down collagen is slow you really don't know the benefits of the last injection until then and the results will not be as predictable, nor do I think you will get the maximum benefit

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS