Can I Do Sit Ups One Month Post-op Breast Augmentation?

Yes you can

+1

in 1 month, the implant pockets should start to form, and internal healing should be well established. I see no reason why you can't do sit ups.

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after breast surgery

+1

In general at one month after an augmentation a patient should be able to start exercising. But everyone is different and recuperates differently so get your surgeon's OK that you are OK to go. I tell my patients that when they are comfortable doing something, it's probably OK to do it or, if it hurts, don't.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after breast augmentation

+1

Could you do sit ups before?

By four weeks after surgery the pockets are mature and you should have no restrictions on activity.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Sit ups 1 month post op Breast Augmentation

+1

Generally, I allow my patients to do sit ups 1 month out from surgery but every patient is different in their recovery and so it is best to speak with your surgeon to make sure you are cleared to exercise.

Sit ups after BA

+1

Usually, for our patients, the vast majority have a smooth recovery, and can be back at the gym, doing sit-ups, at 3 weeks post-op (if they are so inclined!).  You won't hurt anything at this stage, given normal, uncomplicated healing.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Situps after breast implants

+1

Most women should be able to start doing sit-ups one month after having breast augmentations however, you should confirm that with your plastic surgeon before you start doing any kind of vigorous activity.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Sit-ups can be done 3 - 4 weeks after a breast augmentation

+1

You should ask your surgeon what his/her recommendation is regarding doing sit-ups as he/she was the one (or will be the one) who operated on you. The recommendation that I provide my patients is to wait at least until 3 weeks after surgery. This will help minimize the risk of such complications as bleeding and the subsequent formation of a hematoma which often requires surgery to evacuate and does also increase the risk of the formation of capsular contracture (hardness developing around the implant).

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Sit ups After Breast Augmentation

+1

You should get clearance from your surgeon regarding resuming activities. For my patients I tell them that they can resume normal activities after two weeks, and strenuous exercise can be resumed after three to four weeks, any earlier than that can cause swelling and discomfort.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Exercise after BBA

+1

I personally think its okay to do situps and light core exercises within a few weeks of breast augmentation. I tell my patients to avoid lifting heavy weights at the gym for several weeks after augmentation.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Sit ups OK

+1

At one month you can do modified sit ups. Cross your arms in front of your chest and isolate the ab muscles. Try not to put your hands behind your head.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon