Increase Breast Sensitivity After Augmentation?

Hi, I had breast augmentation 3 weeks ago and since then I have my breast so sensitive to the touch, which make me so unconfortable. Is this normal, and if so how long it will last? Thakns

Oversensitivity after breast surgery

+1

Hypersensitivinty after all types of breast surgery is quite common in the first weeks. The good news is that you have not lost sensation and this will resolve on its own with time.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast sensitivity following augmentation

+1

Sensory changes to the breast such as increased or decreased sensitivity, numbness, burning pains, etc. are quite common after breast augmentation.  Most of these sensation changes are temporary, lasting for several weeks or even months and should resolve in time.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Hypersensitivity after Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

After breast augmentation surgery, some patients experience what you are experiencing and some patients lose sensitivity and are numb.  Both of these situations happens after surgery due to the nerves being irritated during surgery.  Usually, this is temporary and will resolve on it's own after 3-4 months.  Keep in close contact with your surgeon and see if he/she has any further recommendations for you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Sensitivity after augmentation

+1

The treatment for hypersensitivity (which is quite common) is "systematic desensitization:" you have to re-train the nerves that normal touch is not bad or dangerous.  The quickest way to do this is to use a vibrator because nerves respond quickest to vibration stress.  Take the vibrator and place it on the chest far away from where you are the most sensitive.  Move the tip toward the sensitive area and then come off your skin before the sensation becomes too unpleasant.  Repeat this several times in a row a few times a day and the hypersensitivity will disappear within 7-10 days (or sooner).

Hypersensitivity after BA surgery

+1

Hi.  It sounds like you have hypersensitivity following your surgery.  Fortunately, in most patients, this settles down over the first month or two, and usually isn't a long term problem.  

Discuss it with your surgeon, so he/she can make sure that everything is healing correctly, and can advise you on ways to make you feel more comfortable.

Breasts Sensitivity after Implants

+1

During breast augmentation surgery, the nerves may be stretched or irritated which may cause increased sensitivity of the breast or nipples.  More commonly, some women may have a completely opposite reaction and feel numbness because of the same reasons.  These sensory changes usually last from 3 to 6 months before resolving and feeling comes back to normal. 

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/

Increased Nipple Sensitivity After Augmentation

+1

It is not unusual at all to have a period of increased sensitivity in the nipples after augmentation.  This is almost always a temporary condition and should resolve in a few weeks.

Early breast sensitivity is common postop

+1

After either breast reduction or augmentation, increased sensitivity can occur, and is almost always temporary. I have never personally seen it last forever.

The research shows that (in breast reduction) one third of patients have more sensitivity, one third have less, and one third have no change.   That is much more invasive surgery than you had.

The overwhelming likelihood is that you will be fine.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Breast Sensitivity after Breast Augmentation: Normal

+1

Increased breast sensitivity after any breast surgery is common, but more common after breast augmentation with breast implants. It is likely due to irritation of the sensory nerves which can be likened to bumping your funny bone. In general, temporary sensory changes with either numbness or burning are very common and most resolve within around 3 months. I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler.