Breast Pain when Lying Down

I'm 3 months post-op and my breasts look and feel fine, but the outer side of my right breast hurts when lying down. It is uncomfortable and painful when I'm sleeping and when getting up from lying down. They don't hurt at all during the day, but the nights are very uncomfortable. PS said is the muscle and told me to stop massaging but the pain persists. Is it normal that it hurts when I'm lying down? Will it dissapear? What should I do? I'am starting to worry. Thank you so much!!!

Lateral pain 3 months after surgery when lying down may be nerve pressure

+1

It is possible there is an irritated nerve on the side that is pressed on more when lying, since the implants tend to fall laterally when you lay down.   This causes more lateral pressure on the capsule and nerve over it, compared to standing up.  You may have success with B1 (thiamine) as well as vibration treatments on the area that hurts.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Pain when Lying Down

+1

I am curious as to whether the pain occurs if you lie down during the day. It is not uncommon for "minor" aches to be present all day, but not noticed while we are distracted, but bothersome when we try to sleep and are otherwise not distracted. 

At any rate, I would suggest a 10 day course of Alleve (naproxen), a long acting anti-inflammatory. Often, this short course can be enough to break the cycle. 

Discuss with your surgeon. All the best.