Breast Pain when Lying Down

I'm 3 months post-op and my breasts look and feel fine, but the outer side of my right breast hurts when lying down. It is uncomfortable and painful when I'm sleeping and when getting up from lying down. They don't hurt at all during the day, but the nights are very uncomfortable. PS said is the muscle and told me to stop massaging but the pain persists. Is it normal that it hurts when I'm lying down? Will it dissapear? What should I do? I'am starting to worry. Thank you so much!!!

Breast Pain when Lying Down

+1

I am curious as to whether the pain occurs if you lie down during the day. It is not uncommon for "minor" aches to be present all day, but not noticed while we are distracted, but bothersome when we try to sleep and are otherwise not distracted. 

At any rate, I would suggest a 10 day course of Alleve (naproxen), a long acting anti-inflammatory. Often, this short course can be enough to break the cycle. 

Discuss with your surgeon. All the best.