Silicone Breast Implant Removal and Replacement Cost?

How much does a silicone Breast implant removal and replacement usually cost? I had the original implants put in 23 years ago. I would like them removed and replaced with the memory Silicone implants.

Implant removal and exchange

+1

The fees for removal of the implants varies and certianly will cost more to replace them.  To find a surgeon in your area you can look on the website of ASPS or ASAPS.

Silicone breast implant removal and replacement

+1

This surgery can be a 1 hour operation or it could be a 3 hour procedure. Therefore costs will vary accordingly and range from $5000- 12,000.

Removal and replacement of Silicone Breast Implants

+1

Removal of silicone breast implants can be covered by your medical insurance in certain situations. I work with many insurance companies in cases such as removal of ruptured silicone implants, or removal of painful or distorted implants as a result of severe capsular contracture. If your silicone implants are 23 years old, the likilihood that they may be ruptured or leaking is very high. In these situations, insurance companies will pay for for the removal and you would only be responsible for the cost of replacement with new implants should you desire.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS