How Long After Augmentation to Get Breast Implant Removal?

I just had my Breast augmentation 6 weeks ago and feel they are absolutely too big. I am 5'3" - 115 lbs. I had always been a natural 34D, but after my second child and weight loss, deflated to a 34B. Went with 275/300 silicone (under the fascia) with benelli lift looking for a full C. Unfortunately a full D now.

A couple of questions: How soon could I get them removed? Would the current incision under the breast be used? I'm also concerned about the appearance of the nipple area after removal - your thoughts? Thank you!

Implant removal

+2

The implants can be removed almost at anytime and this can be performed through the same incisions that you ahve from previous surgery.

Breast implant removal

+2

Breast implant removal can be accomplished at any time through the exisiting scars. The areola should remain stable in size.

Breast Implant Removal

+2

You can remove the implants any time. But, one word of advice: wait. You are too early in the postoperative period and things will change. I would say wait to see how things look when you are about 4-5 months out. If you still feel the same way, then at that point you can remove the implants. You would use the same incision that was used at the first augmentation. It is difficult to predict what your nipple and areola would be like but they will definitely be less pull and more likely they would look collapsed.

Hope that answers your question.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Implant removal after lift

+1

Implant can be removed anytime. In my opinion early is better than late when the stretch has occurred. No new incision is needed. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Can I have my implants removed?

+1

It is not unusual for some patients to have a general dysphoria or depressed mood after surgical procedures.  I have seen this occur several times and these patients improve over a few weeks and then generally love their new bodies. However, this is not the case for everyone.  If you feel that you made a bad decision in having your surgery, then you would be better off taking the implants out sooner rather than waiting too long for a capsule to form or for the skin to stretch too much. 

If you are sure you want them out, you can have this done under local anesthesia and your skin may shrink back down over time but this depends on your age, size, skin type, and breast shape. Hope this helps.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

+1

these implants could be removed at any time in the removal would be done through incisions that have already been made. There are no fixed definition of cup sizes. I would not expect a full to cup size increased with implants of the size you have have inserted. A bit of patience before making a decision might be reported and I would suggest giving a full 3 months from the date of surgery. Thank you and best wishes.

How long to wait until breast implant removal

+1

It is best to wait at least 3 months after implant surgery and probably 6 months after lift and implant surgery before passing final judgment regarding size and shape.  There is a lot of swelling after this type of surgery and it would be a big mistake to take the implants out too early.

The majority of the women initially feel the implants are too big after the surgery, but rarely do we need to remove them.  I think I have only removed one pair of implants out of 5,000 patients that soon after surgery.  Be patient and let time work for you.  The last thing you want to do is remove them and then want them right back again!!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Removal or Exchange?

+1

Six weeks after surgery is too soon to make a decision. The breasts are probably still swollen, your breast skin envelope has to accommodate the implants.

Later, you will be better able to assess your results, and may decide that the size is what you wanted, or have to breast implant exchange.

Discuss you concerns with your plastic surgeon

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Removal of Breast Implants

+1

Placing Silicone gel implants submuscularly will definately lower the risks of rippling and palpation. Using a modest size implant in between 200-300cc's will also help lower the chances of rippling to occur.