What Are the Side Effects of Silicone Injections?

How long does the swelling last after Silicone Injections? What are the other side effects of injecting silicone into the nasolabial wrinkles? How long do they last?

Removing silicone from the lips - National Expert

+1

In theory, silicone is an inert facial fillers with minimal risk of developing foreign body reaction. However, the number of documented cases of silicone reaction, silicone inflammation, silicone deformity, and sensitivity to injected silicone is enormous.

The first step in dealing with silicone problems is to identify the exact source of the silicone injected.

Was it medical grade?

Where was it manufactured?

What is the lot number and expiration date?

Was sterile technique adhered to?

Once this information is acquired, the two components of silicone deformity need to be addressed separately:

• Inflammatory phase
  • Foreign body filler

Treating silicone deformities is difficult. That is why most physicians, including those in realself.com advise patients not to receive the injections in favor of temporary fillers.

Silikon-1000 can be safely used, only by experienced physicians, as a permanent wrinkle filler.

+1

Silikon-1000 is a permanent filler, so your results, good or bad, are permanent. You must find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced with the micro-droplet technique. You should also have a discussion with your doctor about the FDA's position with respect to using Silikon-1000 in an off-label fashion to permanently reduce the appearance of your wrinkles. Lastly, you should see many before and after photos demonstrating beautiful results before you pick your doctor and proceed.

Problems with Silikon-1000 injections are infrequent, and include visible bumps or nodules at the sites of injection. This is typically from overcorrection, or injecting too superficially. Most silicone bumps are easily treated with dilute triamcinolone injections, or sometimes light electrosurgery.

I've attached a link to my Silikon-1000 photos for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon