Will Silicone Butt Injections Affect Pregnancy?

Silicone and preganancy side effect are hard to know for certain. Most just cite their experience

+1

Silicone injections in various parts of the body has been done quite frequently all over the country.  The difficulty with silicone injections begins with the quality of the silicone itself.  I have seen many cases where industrial grade silicone has been injected inside the human body.  This can be a tremendous disaster.  Problems can include infections, granulomas, cellulitis, and persistent skin infections, disfigurement and skin dimpling.  It is very easy to have silicone injected, but very difficult to have it removed.  The removal can frequently be very complex and involved lengthy surgery. Multiple operation is not uncommon.   It is not uncommon to expect scars in locations that would otherwise be undesirable.  If you do have silicone, or are having problem with silicone that was injected by a non-healthcare provider then you should certainly seek medical attention.  Some solutions include IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics and surgery after the inflammation has subsided.  Removing the silicone is not just a cosmetic issue but also an issue of better health.  Depending on the type of silicone injected concerns with autoimmune diseases and infections are foremost.  Taking medications such as ibuprofen or cortisone is only a temporary measure.  The real solution is surgery.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to operate on patients who have had silicone injected in their body.  Many of these cases are not covered by insurance because they were performed for cosmetic reasons.  My recommendation to anyone that has had silicone injections and wishes to have it removed, is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is likely willing to do more than 1 operation as well as willing to do some of these operations in a hospital setting. I have had patients visit me for removal of silicone and the discussion to proceed is never an easy one.

Silicone injections and complications

+1

Silicone buttock injections will not affect pregnancy.  I have enormous experience in the long term managment of silicone injections and their complications and advise patients to be vigilant of inflammatory changes in the skin and soft tissue.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone butt injections can be disfiguring and deadly

+1

Silicone should NEVER be injected into your breasts or buttocks. Your body can cause a very severe reaction to the silicone and create excess scar tissue that may deform the appearance of your butt or breasts. We have seen many patients who have come to our clinic after having received these injections and its terrible because we cannot offer them any good options to fix this difficult problem. 

No ethical medical doctor will perform this procedure.

Here in Florida, we have unfortunately had a number of patients who have died after they received silicone injections to the butt and this silicone then traveled to their lungs and kidneys.

Please work with a board certified plastic surgeon who can offer you safe options for butt augmentation.

Pat Pazmino, MD