Shirt Tore off Steristrip 1 Week Post Op, Should I See My Doctor?

I am 1 week out from a breast augmentation (275 silicone unders. 105lbs, preop 34AA) and my shirt tore off one of my steri strips. The incision seems to look ok, but it is a little red and a bit sore. There is a little part that doesn't look totally sealed (like a cat scratch). Should I go back to my doctor?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Steri strips fall off all the time for various reasons, I ask my patients to keep the area clean and maybe apply vaseline or polysporin

Steri strip removal post op

+1

It should be ok that the steri strip is off a week after surgery.  I would contact your surgeon's office to let them know just in case they would like to examine you.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Removal of steri strips post op

+1

There is probably no problem with removal of steri strips at one week post op. This is a common time to remove them anyway. But to be sure you should check with your plastic surgeon and see if he or she wants to check you or replace them. Good luck.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Steri-strip removal

+1

It is unlikely that you will have any problems with the steri-strip removal, but you may want to touch base with your doctor's office regarding how they want you to treat the incision.

Incision Healing after Breast Augmentation?

+1

It does not sound like any “harm” was done but for real peace of mind follow-up with your plastic surgeon for examination.

Steri strip pulled off 1 week after breast augmentation

+1

You should be OK.  But I do think you should have your plastic surgeon take a look to make sure your incision is healing well.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS