Sharp Breast Pain and Wobbling of Saline Implant Right After Mammogram

I have had saline implants for over 14 years with no problems. I just had my annual mammogram and during the procedure I felt a sharp pain in my right breast, which has not gone away, three days after. My mammo came back normal. The pain is not constant but is extremely sharp when I bend or jump. The size or appearance of my breast appear have not changed and appear normal, but the implant feels like it is moving more than the other one, and I can feel ripples when I touch it.

Hi Luna,

It sounds like the capsule, or scar tissue surrounding the implant may have been torn during the mammogram, and now the breast is softer and you can see rippling because of this.  As long as your breast shape has not changed, there is no need to have a re-operation, however if the pain persists, you should be evaluated by your operating surgeon.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon