Vanquish, CoolSculpting, Zerona. What's the Best?

What are the options when it comes to non-surgical fat reduction (besides not eating and working out) those are obvious and are already under way. What are the risks?

Freezing and heating fat works - Zerona doesn't

Vanquish is the latest in non-invasive fat reduction. It is FDA-approved for deep tissue heating, but clinical studies demonstrate fat reduction after treatment. Vanquish heats fat using RF (radio frequency) - specially tuned electricity that in this application targets fat without injuring other tissues. Treatment consists of 4-6 weekly sessions. It does not contact the skin, and the treatment feels like sitting under a warm blanket for 30 minutes. Average loss of waist circumference after treatment of the waist and flanks was 2 1/4 inches. Vanquish has a large "spot" area that can treat the abdomen and sides of the waist simultaneously.

CoolSculpting or Zeltiq is "cryolipolysis" or freezing of the fat. A suction cup like applicator is used to freeze the fat over a 1 hour treatment time. The skin after treatment feels like a stick of butter and is massaged. Occasionally, patients have discomfort in the treatment area that requires pain management. Results take around 1 month and result in around 20-30% fat loss in the area of treatment. New treatment regimens recommend that patients have multiple applications to sculpt the area of treatment smoothly and avoid irregularities.

Zerona is a fairly obsolete technology. Although I do not have the technology myself, feedback from colleagues is that it is not very efficacious. It also requires diet and exercise recommendations in order for Zerona to work.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon