I Am Interested in a New Procedure Using a Machine Called Vanquish Has Anyone Heard of the Technology Behind This?

Is anyone familiar with this technology of heating fat cells to lose weight? If so does it work and what results does it give? The machine is suppose to heat the tissue to 110 degrees then the fat cells are heated to 120 degrees I believe. It is not available until September 2013 but a few clinics will have it before then. Does this sound like a legit procedure that would possibly work?

Vanquish

+2

Vanquish has worked tremendously for many of our patients. Best of all, it is pain-free compared to other procedures and there is no downtime. Vanquish targets the stomach, love handles and problem areas that diet and exercise don’t fix. Patients can lose up to three inches after the 4 weekly treatments. It takes a up to a few weeks to see full results but our patients have been very happy with their results.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish for Fat Reduction

+1
Vanquish is real! At our practice, we've been using Vanquish since early 2013.

Vanquish works to help kill some of abdominal fat cells through heat. By no means should Vanquish be used as a "weight loss" program, but it helps reduce inches and can help with some weight loss. Vanquish can be used on moderate size abdomens.

The device is placed over the abdomen, without touching it, and the patient sits underneath the machine for up to half an hour. Multiple treatments may be required for optimal results. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist

Vanquish for fat melting

+1
Thank you for your question. Vanquish is one of the best noninvasive fat reduction devices on the market and painlessly melts fat from the waist and flanks simultaneously. Most clients have 4-6 sessions, and our San Diego clients are very pleased. Ideal candidates have isolated areas of fat excess and no pacemaker or implanted metal devices. Consult with an experienced Vanquish provider to see if you are a candidate. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Does Vanquish Work?

+1
Hi,
Vanquish truly is a revolutionary device.  There is no contact with the skin and no pain or downtime with it.  The way that it works is it has 3 adjustable panels that deliver radiofrequency waves selectively down to the fat to melt it without disrupting normal tissue.  The science behind it is that fat has a higher impedance, thereby retains the heat more than the surrounding tissue.  The panels give constant feedback to the machine on the impedance and tuning of the machine to fat.  This is how it is able to achieve those temperatures safely.  What I find fascinating, is that if you think about the science of how it works and the before and afters, the patients with the largest amount of fat get the best results!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

I have Vanquish - let me explain how it works

+1

Our office was one of the first three offices to offer Vanquish in California. Vanquish is radio frequency - a special form of electricity. Vanquish is "tuned" so that it specifically targets the fat layer without damaging either the skin, or underlying muscles or internal organs. The radiofrequency energy of Vanquish has a high impedance for fat. The RF energy therefore preferentially causes energy production and heating within the fat compartment. When fat is heated to a critical temperature around 120 degrees F (43-45 degrees C), a certain portion of the fat cannot survive, and is permanently eliminated. The science has been validated by several animal and human studies published in the laser medical literature. Vanquish is completed as a series of 4-6 weekly sessions. Results occur gradually, and are typically better even 1-3 months after treatment

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish in Orlando

+1
We have the Vanquish machine at our Orlando office, since September.  It heats the fat to about 45 degrees Celsius.  It is an easy 30 minute treatment for the patient - feels like a warm heating blanket.  Usually 4 sessions are done.  The company data suggests that the average person will lose about 5 cm off their waist with a treatment series.  Our early results are very promising!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Vanquish seems to work quite well

+1
We have had the Vanquish device at our Quintessa Medical Spa for about 6 weeks and, so far, we have been very happy with the device. It is extremely easy for the patient. It causes no discomfort or downtime, treats about six times the area that fat freezing devices can treat, and appears to be very effective. It does heat the fat to 120 degrees while leaving the skin and underlying muscle at a comfortable 101 degrees. Animal studies have shown a 60% reduction in fat in the treatment area after 4 weekly 30 minutes sessions. If you do have a treatment, make sure you drink plenty of water prior to the treatment (2-3 liters) and drink 3 liters of water a day for the next 3 days after the treatment.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Surgeon

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

New Vanquish Procedure

+1

Thank you for your question. Many procedures sound legitimate, but whether it can deliver on the clinical expectations is another matter. We use the Vasershape, and this gets the fat to a similar temperature, the VelaShape is also used, the Smoothshapes, Zerona, and Coolsculpting. They all do something, the Zerona the least, but the Vanquish needs to be proven over time, and with any new machine, the claims often are more than the results. Will it help, likely, but will it better significantly better than the cast of characters already listed, probably comparable, but not significantly better. Only time will tell, and I recommend a wait of 10-12 months before evaluating the technology. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon